Under the Golden Gate Bridge...

IMGP1979.jpg

Grand Canyon (North Rim)...

IMGP1874.jpg

IMGP1869.jpg

IMGP1864.jpg

Zion National Park...

IMGP1820.jpg

Mesa Verde National Park (CO) Cliff Dwellings...

IMGP1590.jpg

IMGP1567.jpg

Somewhere in South Central Colorado...

IMGP1529.jpg

Near the top of Pikes Peak...

IMGP1505.jpg

The long road up...

IMGP1500.jpg

A bad choice of days for car washing (My VW is under there - about 40 inches of snow)

IMGP1145.jpg

In Bath, Maine at the Maine Maritime Museum. The white frame represents the shape of the Wyoming, the largest wooden ship ever built in the US. It was about 600 feel long, 6 masted, and launched in 1909 (I think -- I maybe off a little on the year). IMG_4429.jpg

Inside one of the boatbuilding shops

IMG_4388.jpg

Portland, ME

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

Edited by MarylandTDI

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ship didn't look big enough to be a ACC from that angle. Wow, I remember those days like it was yesterday. Man, I wish we had digital cameras back in the 80's. :(

It looked big from this angle:

DSCN0153.jpg

They're just enormous when you're both doing 14 kts and less than 200 ft away from each other.

Here's a pic for you AJ, a gator freighter full of your brothers. We were supporting anti-piracy operations with the Bataan Amphibious Ready Group in the Red Sea, and boy would they take a lot of food. Explains where you get that from. :lol:

PA280051.jpg

• 1 year later...

Ok, really old thread I'm bringing back from the dead but I didn't think this was worth starting a new one. There was a Tufted Titmouse hanging out in our yard today and I managed to snap what I thought was a pretty cool picture.

DSC_3333.jpg

They may not be as epic as some, but I think they're neat!

I think it was meant as an epic thread of pics, not a thread of epic pics. At least I hope so because my pics definitely wouldn't be considered "epic." :o

I think it was meant as an epic thread of pics, not a thread of epic pics. At least I hope so because my pics definitely wouldn't be considered "epic." :o

Either Way works. I am just happy to see my thread was resurrected. I was actually thinking about giving it a little bumparoo the other day just to get some new pics on here.

Either Way works. I am just happy to see my thread was resurrected. I was actually thinking about giving it a little bumparoo the other day just to get some new pics on here.

It took me awhile to find it because searching for "pictures" is basically useless, but I knew I had posted in it before and that it was out there.

I'll add a picture or two here as well.

I spent a week in Colorado with my fiancées family. We spent a considerable amount of time in the mountains and I merged some pictures with my P&S canon.

Sorry the images are large, the original of the first image is about 62 megapixels :willy:

Beaver2.jpg

longishmountains.jpg

And these are from the top floor of the Hyatt (I think?) hotel in downtown Denver.

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg