Customer Service 866.965.0400

wife's '10 ford edge has marker stains on seats

ShaneM

Question

My wife has a 2010 ford edge and a few weeks after she got the car my daughter had colored on a balloon with markers and then left the balloon in the seat. With all the Texas humidity during the summer the marker didn't dry and then the seats got lowered onto the balloon.

We ended up with red and yellow marker stains on the seats and nothing i have tried will get it out. I have been told that the only thing to do now is have the seats dyed again to fix the issue. the stains have been there several months now and i have tried the stuff i could think of like goo gone etc, even tried 3m adhesive remover in frustration. Any ideas or is it off to the upholstery shop for a re-dye?

12 answers to this question

Shane, Try Goof Off! 9McAYs3AaLTwCDo24605zcGjDUyZIAxs21KC2c-hOeueCSsrZjVMgFgyNj4j6f730tovDwb-43IZ1nhRbunL_kRqcqmqrhu8qmmAMeb9TnOyj1n86PmmbLLT1dlol61j-MsxjvXylqUFB-UUMLqyUQZbIR5RDVjwBLPgJm3D3QhLUVfVTG_jBto

yeah light colored leather,stone is the color i think. i tried goo gone, which i think is just like goof off. i just looked at the car closely, i see it has blue from jeans coming off on it too. got to be something to get this stuff off. ill try hair spray.

yeah light colored leather,stone is the color i think. i tried goo gone, which i think is just like goof off. i just looked at the car closely, i see it has blue from jeans coming off on it too. got to be something to get this stuff off. ill try hair spray.

Yea I have heard of people using hairspray, I hope it works!:xfingers:

Really Dylan... hairspray?!? Can you elaborate just a bit?

As simple as it sounds... certain types of ink respond to hairspray when other cleaners fail. Just spray the area and scrub, be sure to wipe away before it dries.

On some inks it will work like a charm, others it won't do a thing. Not sure about the science behind it, just a trick I picked up years ago while detailing for dollars. I found that aerosol worked best so it might be partially due to the propellent?? Not sure.

the blue from yer jeans is going to be a continued prob for yer light leather, its actually dye from the blue jeans rubbing/transferring to the seat..... it was recently addressed by a user with white leather and he had great results with adams leather cleaner.

here is the thread;

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9379

not sure bought the marker stain, if you know what marker company it is you can try there for advice if not i have heard the hairspray trick to long time ago though lol.

good luckk keep us updated.

Archived