Customer Service 866.965.0400

Frontier version 2.0 (the beginning)

mc2hill

Well after owning my DD for almost 11 years, I am finally making some changes!

I did a little painting a few weeks ago, but that area is not done, so no pics of that part yet.

What I will show are some 'new to me' wheels I picked up at an excellent price. These are 18" 5 spoke wheels from a Titan. The Titan and my model Frontier have the same bolt pattern, but the center bore is not the same. The wheels I found had already been bored for my truck and the tires are almost new.

In progress:

FrontierVersion20001.jpg

Installed:

FrontierVersion20002.jpg

After a little Adam's VRT love:

FrontierVersion20004.jpg

The difference between the old and new:

FrontierVersion20006.jpg

The tires are actually too small (for me), so in a few months I'll swap them out for taller tires (going up, not down - sorry Dylan). I won't post all the little changes I'm making separately, but will post them up when it's completed (hopefully by March :xfingers:).

Drop it!! :D

:iagree:

Nooooo!

I recently joined a forum call "Infamous Nissan" where most of the members have done serious body and frame modification - "C" notches, etc. I admire the work they do, but it ain't for me (and that forum doesn't even have a Detailing section!).

But the main reason is that my truck has the factory "Pre-Runner" body and frame lift, so I'm not removing all that!

Looks good with the 18's. It's nice to see someone grab a set of wheels that AREN'T 20's or bigger. They're still plus sized for your application.

Quick question about the wheel swap - when they were bored to fit, are you able to swap the "center cap" from your original wheels or did you have to pick something up?

Bigger Tires! Get it up!

Soon Rich, soon. I am using the speed readings on my GPS instead of the speedo for now!

Looks good with the 18's. It's nice to see someone grab a set of wheels that AREN'T 20's or bigger. They're still plus sized for your application.

Quick question about the wheel swap - when they were bored to fit, are you able to swap the "center cap" from your original wheels or did you have to pick something up?

Thanks Ryan. I looked around at a lot of wheels, but I kept coming back to these.

The center bore is just a 1/4" deep on the back of the rim, so the small Nissan 'hamburger' center cap from the Titan still fits (see the third picture). The caps from the original wheels are huge, with indents for the lug nuts.

I can throw up some pics if you want.

No need to grab extra pics. Was just curious if the ones on the truck were original to the wheels or if the old cap (from original wheels) fit after the bore. It's a positive that the rims only had to be clearanced a 1/4".

Sometimes center caps can be a PITA & I eyeball the guys who have nice wheels missing the caps.

Sometimes center caps can be a PITA & I eyeball the guys who have nice wheels missing the caps.

I know what you mean - why take the time and money to make the sundae and not put the cherry on top! It's the Details man, it's the Details.

Archived