Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratch help

Muffin Top

Question

Hey guys I'm new here but I've been creeping through these forums for a few months now. I recently got some scratches on my car at school (coincidently the one day I didn't double park). There's maybe 6 scratches and they are pretty light (I'm pretty sure they could be accidental from someone maybe leaning on my car) and i can just barely feel SOME of them with my fingernail.

My question is do you think that the SHR with an orange pad would be able to handle these, or would I need to possibly step up to something with more cut?

I've ordered the junkman kit among a few other goodies and I'm really looking forward to getting my paint to where I want it to be.

Here's a picture, It's kinda tough to do but I don't have my camera with me so its a phone pic.

scratch.png

5 answers to this question

As much as I love my iPhone 4 and its camera, it's not the best for these types of photos.

Most of those from what I can tell are removable. The one dead center looks really deep though. Does you nail get caught in them? Looks like the lighter scratches are a good candidate for the focus pads and a drill followed by the PC or Flex.

Chris

I believe that SHR on the orange pad should remove those, but it may take several passes to see the results you want. You would want to start with SHR, before moving onto the new minty Severe Swirl Remover and/or the green pad - least aggressive method first!

Also, :welcomebanner: Ben. Head over to the New Member Check-In section and introduce youself! http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

The picture quality really does make that one stand out more huh? It's just like all the others. I'm a little too fearful of going through the clear on my car so I don't think I will do the focus pads but I am going to add the green pad and new SHR to my order just in case.

Archived