Customer Service 866.965.0400

Teaching the Adams Way to Nick (Nbarcelo) for his SLK

StormChaser

So a few months ago you guys and gals may remember I was helping a friend detail his G8. Well while we were at the car wash doing a 2nd coat of wax (on a dif weekend) this guy pulls up behind us in a Black SLK. Nice cars always turn heads...and this was no different.

This guy gets out and pulls out his cleaning supplies. Then I see a sham wow or something of that nature. I had my friend walk over with me to talk to this guy. Introduced ourselves and began to show him what little product I had with me at the time & sent him to this forum. He signed up (NBarcelo) and is on here once in a while to read up on stuff.

Before my Tail of the Dragon trip I met up with Nick and his SLK to do a full detail. I don't have many "before" shots but I do have some wicked after shots.

We did used the following products I have:

> Car Shampoo

> Clay

> DS

> Swirl & Haze Remover

> Revive Polish

> Americana

> VRT

> Glass Cleaner

> Leather Cleaner

> Leather Conditioner

It was about 38 degrees with the wind chill so that is why I don't have many pics of the process. The winds were up to 20 - 30 mph.

I did get to introduce all of these products to Nick. I even made him smell each one too! :rockon:

I washed and dried my SUV with the waffle towel. It was soaking wet. I rang it out and checked on Nick. He was using cheap MF towels to dry his car. I immediately stopped him and told him to use the towel I had. He thought it was pointless because well it was soaking wet and yet so was his whole car. I just laid it on the hood and lightly dragged it down - it was bone dry! BOO YA. We did not do the Swirl & Haze on Nick's car because it was so windy it was a PITA to get it off. Ok so on to the pictures. :) :)

Nick learning how to clean wheels

IMG_5817.jpg

REALLY ICKY

IMG_5819.jpg

My ride in process

I saw this somewhere on here PB gets out the wax OOPS on trim.

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

Nick showing me how to clean my exhaust (I don't have anything to use for that yet)

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

I told you there weren't many "before" shots. On to the "after" shots. He brought along one of his BMW buddies with him.

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

Playin with color swap on the camera

IMG_5830.jpg

My ride....

Just look at the frigging metallic in the paint!!!!:drool:

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Line up of Nicks SLK, a BMW, & my ride

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

HOLY SHINE FROM THE SLK!!!!!! GAWD my blue is DEEP. I can't wait to do the Brilliant Glaze....oh baby!

IMG_5854.jpg

AND FOR GIGGLES....This guy was there too. LOL

IMG_5820.jpg

And....yes yes yes I know that I need the wheels and wheel wells done! MUAHAHAHA. I was exhausted and I knew it was going to be two weeks before I went to the dragon....Don't hurt me too much! HAHA.

Also, Dylan, I did the clay and wax on my rims. HOLY SMOOTHNESS!!!! I am not kidding...my wheels felt A M A Z I N G!!! And I get to TN two weeks after that...and WIPED the brake dust off with water and MF towel....oh yea that is AMAZING!

I am glad he enjoyed it. I seriously hate walking up to strangers and it took a lot to actually do it but I couldn't let it go on. LOLOL

I can't wait until the next detail meet....Springtime! :)

Brandi had to get the paparazzi off my back :). I still got all I needed done, except swirl and haze remover. We need a PC random orbital for a task like that though! Tuff to do it all by hand.

It was a very productive and informative day indeed. Thanks again to Brandi for showing me the ropes and Adam's products! That Americana wax did wonders on my black paint :)

dude-she deserves thanks for sure. Not everyone will take the time to show you but that is the kind of girl she is--SUPER NICE! :rockon: And sharing her stash of products? super generous!:2thumbs:

:welcomebanner:YOU WILL LEARN A LOAD OF INFO HERE-people are like Brandi-generous with their time and sharing info.

Brandi had to get the paparazzi off my back :). I still got all I needed done, except swirl and haze remover. We need a PC random orbital for a task like that though! Tuff to do it all by hand.

HAHA Yea I was definitely a bit STERN with people who kept lingering and taking you away from your job. I can totally be demanding when needed. Once you said they were bugging ya...I give them a few minutes to drool over your ride then I yell "get back to work" hahahahaha I'm a slave driver.

You better still be in town for when you get that PC!!!!

dude-she deserves thanks for sure. Not everyone will take the time to show you but that is the kind of girl she is--SUPER NICE! :rockon: And sharing her stash of products? super generous!:2thumbs:

:welcomebanner:YOU WILL LEARN A LOAD OF INFO HERE-people are like Brandi-generous with their time and sharing info.

We're two peas in a pod!!!

brandi and sandi tearing up the East Coast-AJ Junkette's for sure!:banana:
:burnout:

Haha, way too generous! :) I'm assuming you're the same when it comes to meeting strangers at the local wash, lol? You guys dont secretly work for Adams, do you??

Archived