Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl/Haze removed required for a light job?

Soygen

Question

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and just received my new PC polishing kit. The first car I'm doing is my own. It's a 2010 Nissan Z, so the paint is in relatively good condition. I've had it since April and have washed it numerous time as it's kept outside. There are, however, a decent amount of light scratches in the paint when you look in the right light.

My question is does the machine polish take care of any scratches or is the orange pad/swirl haze remover a must before the polish, even on a light job like this? I just don't want to overwork it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

6 answers to this question

Welcome Greg. If you can see some light scratches than the orange pad/Swirl and Haze approach sounds like just the ticket to get rid of them. Since the car is new and likely not too badly swirled this should be a pretty easy job. (Clay first, of course). After the SHR and Orange follow with fine machine polish and a white pad, then your choice of waxes.

Post up some pics and be sure to ask for more advice, too, along the way. Lots of people here are quick to chime in to help. :thumbsup:

It's always preached start with the least aggressive approach so if your car is in pretty good shape already you might even get by just by doing a pass or two with the white pad and FMP and skip the orange and SHR. Pick a test area and try it with just the white first so you know if it'll work for the rest of the car.

It's always preached start with the least aggressive approach so if your car is in pretty good shape already you might even get by just by doing a pass or two with the white pad and FMP and skip the orange and SHR. Pick a test area and try it with just the white first so you know if it'll work for the rest of the car.

:iagree: As Rich said, we want pictures!

And Greg, head over to the New Members Check-In area and introduce yourself - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Welcome Greg. If you can see some light scratches than the orange pad/Swirl and Haze approach sounds like just the ticket to get rid of them. Since the car is new and likely not too badly swirled this should be a pretty easy job. (Clay first, of course). After the SHR and Orange follow with fine machine polish and a white pad, then your choice of waxes.

Post up some pics and be sure to ask for more advice, too, along the way. Lots of people here are quick to chime in to help. :thumbsup:

:iagree:

Archived