Customer Service 866.965.0400

DS or WW ?

gymrat7953

Question

13 answers to this question

Dylan does promote WW as a drying agent. Since I read his post about it a while back I have been using WW instead of DS.

I think since WW is more slippery (why you can't use it with Clay Bars) it makes the water run off better because it's keeping it from sticking to the paint.

I use the Junkman's "Pooling" Method to dry, then hit the cracks with the air compressor, and finish up with the WW & Great White Drying Towel. After all is dry and tires and what not are done, then I hit it with the DS and the soft white towel for that final POP! :thumbsup:

FTW! :loser: I kind of sounded like I knew what I was talking about for a minute there. Impressed myself.

I go with the DS mist on the wet paint, then dry the car - 2 steps in one.

I use WW on my door openings - that get wet, but don't get a wash pad - my thinking is that the increased lubrication of WW will reduce potential for swirl generation...

DS all the way baby! If it is good enough for the clay bar, then it has enough lubrication for safe swirless drying. Plus it smells so good and leaves a just polished, smooth and shiny gloss. Only prob I ever had was it occasionally leaves a couple streaks which are simply buffed out with light pressure on a microfiber cloth. My car never looked so good after a conventional wet wash. It's my go to Adams product.

The only thing that comes to mind for me when I read this is IF you are washing the car and then planning to apply a coat of MSW after the wash don't use the DS to assist in drying. I'm pretty sure Dylan mentioned having a layer of DS on the paint may interfere with the MSW sealing properly....correct me if I am wrong.

If you're just washing and done..no waxing then I usually use the DS to assist in drying as well.

I've been using DS & the great white drying towel to dry my ride. Does WW have the same drying agents as DS? Is there any benifit to use WW to dry with ?

Either is fine to use. I personally prefer WW for a couple of reasons:

- Its more slippery than DS. The primary reason to use a drying agent at all is to lubricate the surface more and reduce the chances for swirls. The slipperier the better IMO. Especially if drying outdoors or if theres a breeze, the chances for a little bit of dust or contamination to fall on the wet paint is high... using WW reduces the chances those little bits will swirl up the paint.

- Its cheaper and theres certain things only DS can do. Like was mentioned, DS has a gloss enhancer so it makes paint incrementally shiner with each use. Its also a better clay lube than WW and can be used as a pad primer. WW is pretty much only good for cleaning the paint, so if you can maximize the uses for your less expensive product, it saves you in the long run from burning thru your DS, conserving it for all the things that only it can do.

I'm pretty sure Dylan mentioned having a layer of DS on the paint may interfere with the MSW sealing properly....correct me if I am wrong.

There have been some cases where customers have experienced hazing if using DS immediately before Americana. MSW isn't in the least bit impacted by DS... and the instances where it comes into play with Americana seem fairly isolated, but it has happened.

Either is fine to use. I personally prefer WW for a couple of reasons:

- Its more slippery than DS. The primary reason to use a drying agent at all is to lubricate the surface more and reduce the chances for swirls. The slipperier the better IMO. Especially if drying outdoors or if theres a breeze, the chances for a little bit of dust or contamination to fall on the wet paint is high... using WW reduces the chances those little bits will swirl up the paint.

- Its cheaper and theres certain things only DS can do. Like was mentioned, DS has a gloss enhancer so it makes paint incrementally shiner with each use. Its also a better clay lube than WW and can be used as a pad primer. WW is pretty much only good for cleaning the paint, so if you can maximize the uses for your less expensive product, it saves you in the long run from burning thru your DS, conserving it for all the things that only it can do.

There have been some cases where customers have experienced hazing if using DS immediately before Americana. MSW isn't in the least bit impacted by DS... and the instances where it comes into play with Americana seem fairly isolated, but it has happened.

Thanks Dylan... this intel is gonna help me out a bunch... :2thumbs:

Thx for clarifying...oh great answer man. :bow:

Archived