Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing plastic.

GTAHVIT

Question

as you can see in this picture, My airaid CAI has some scratches on it from when I had to modify it to work with the Maggie.

It was 3 am when I did it and I was in a bit of a hurry. Well in my rush while I was hacking it up I put some scratches in it. None of them are too deep or gouges but you can see them. I can hide them with liberal amounts of VRT.

But I'd like to try and get em out...

you think my hand Revive Hand polish or SHR would do the trick or is there a better way to smooth out plastic?

Thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5400&stc=1&d=1289690887

10 answers to this question

From the looks of that plastic, I would say masking it with VRT or I&O would be the best.

I think if you were to put Polish on it, it would turn white like Plastic and Wax.

Plus if its scratched that means some of the plastic was "skinned" off or cut into. You can't take clear coat off of something to remove a scratch if it doesn't have any clear coat, so SHR wouldn't work.

Is the plastic textured or completely smooth?

Idk but plastic is kinda like wood if you take a sliver out only thing you can do is sand whole thing(extremely fine paper) to get even....NOT RECOMMENDED..... if you don't want to replace the part yer best bet may be the SVRT ...... I agree wit Jason, if polish gets trapped it may discolor ate and be more noticeable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

That will probably be the end decision.... I'm thinking the engine bay will have some dark red accents... I've got the Katech coil relocators and some aftermarket valve covers in mind... Might be the best time to have it all done....

Good call.

Archived