Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning a microsuede Couch?

CystmX

Question

12 answers to this question

Wow. I'd say either dilute the carpet and upholstery cleaner and try that first, or buy some fabric cleaner made specifically for cloth or microfiber. The furniture should have come with cleaning instructions that will tell you what to use. Some of these synthetic fabrics require special treatment. To tell you to just go ahead and use a cleaner that's made for interior and leather isn't something I want to do.

microsuede or microfiber?

Sorry, microsuede.

Wow. I'd say either dilute the carpet and upholstery cleaner and try that first, or buy some fabric cleaner made specifically for cloth or microfiber. The furniture should have come with cleaning instructions that will tell you what to use. Some of these synthetic fabrics require special treatment. To tell you to just go ahead and use a cleaner that's made for interior and leather isn't something I want to do.

Yeah I guess your right. The Carpet and Upholstery cleaner would probably be a better idea. I got the couches used so I didn't have any instructions.

MicroSUEDE is different from microFIBER, so while the leather cleaner will work on one, I can't say if it will work on the other because they're two totally different fabrics. Leather and cloth just don't react the same. Whatever you decide to use, try it underneath on a hiddenspot first. :thumbsup:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I used it on my hunk-o-craptastic home theater couch I've had for 5 6 years - (Ashley furniture is flea market crap in a fancy showroom). I didn't 'test' it anywhere cos I could care less about this couch. The only reason I clean it is because I like sitting on a clean surface and have 2 cats (anyone need speed bumps? I'll donate them to you)....

Worked nice. Thing is, I didn't have an upholstery brush, so I used the softest vacuum brush I could find. Mine is a camel-tan color and the couch sat in a home for 2 years while it was on the market in Florida - No climate control for 2 years makes a couch a little ugly - cleaned the mildew-esque-ness off the couch fine and got out some of the hair gel/sweat from the headrests.

Take photos! I didn't - cos i'm lazy.

Light soap and water cleaning would likely be best, but the manufactures recommendation should be taken as the gospel. Leather & Interior cleaner is intended to clean hard surfaces so using it on a material like microsuede isn't advisable. Many of those materials will ball up and get funky if exposed to chemical cleaners.