Customer Service 866.965.0400

CA Car Duster or Microfiber Duster?

comp-o-lantern

Question

18 answers to this question

I don't use either either, but the CA duster has been around for YEARS. Only buy the wooden handled one as it's better quality. Also if you haven't, check out Junkmans how to on the CA duster.

Chris

when you say the wooden handled one is better quality you mean only because of the handle itself right? the actual duster part is the same i hope as i just bought one lol

when you say the wooden handled one is better quality you mean only because of the handle itself right? the actual duster part is the same i hope as i just bought one lol

No the wood one has what I think are softer fibers and it's just better looking quality.

The plastic ones look like yarn.

I know you can pull off the ones on the wooden handle and wash them.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-California-Car-Duster-Standard/dp/B00008RW9U

Chris

Edited by Chewy

No the wood one has what I think are softer fibers and it's just better looking quality.

The plastic ones look like yarn.

I know you can pull off the ones on the wooden handle and wash them.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-California-Car-Duster-Standard/dp/B00008RW9U

Chris

You can remove and wash them from the plastic handled versions as well.

I have both the California Duster with wooden handle and a microfiber duster. I used the microfiber duster a couple times and now use it to dust the furniture in the house. it does a good job for that. The California Duster does a much better job on the cars. I agree that the California Duster with the wooden handle appears to be much better quality than the plastic handle version.

On occation when I do use a Cal. Duster I always follow up with DS or WCW,because on my black cars the Cal. Duster leaves streaks.

:iagree:

Those same streaks are what drove me to try the dry microfiber duster...which ended up being a failure too. I'd rather wash my cars at this point than risk either duster on them.

I have a never seen or used a MF duster!:willy:

Careful! "MF" could be censored!:lol:

I recently bought a CA duster. I had one for my '93 Vette and it left streaks on the paint. Of course I didn't read the instructions concerning letting it air dry before first use, and I also used to put pressure on it. BOTH big NO NO's. I'm glad I watched Junkman's video on the Waterless wash method. I am now a certified professional duster. I can't stand any kind of dust on the paint and to wet wash the car every day or two is certifiably insane. I plan on using WW and CA duster immediatly as my car will be stored much of the winter in the garage. Still think that is a better alternative than a car cover.

2 hours ago, Spectreboy said:

Take your new CA duster and use it on the dirtiest car you can find to break it in. Cuts way down on the streaking people mentioned, The dirtier it gets the better it works.

Ask anyone on here. The only things those things do is leave micro scratches in your paint.  Stick around and you'll learn the RIGHT way to care for your paint.