Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

Not today but last weekend I got my desk mostly complete. After staining and many rounds of poly and sanding, I hit it with finishing polish and a coat of buttery wax. I have to cut out and stain/poly a couple small shelves but it’s now usable.

D4FAF206-0184-474B-96CC-BEA2D8B719D4.jpeg

FECD7848-890D-4EBF-AB47-B9290AFDD469.jpeg

6BEAA089-DABD-497B-B60A-3FEE113C9CC4.jpeg

AF1A6811-0F68-4CEF-B5DF-C238639D26E3.jpeg

AC5DB31F-5F05-4174-8856-00B63786ED73.jpeg

Edited by Bscott94

Husband told me that he had to meet a client, 75 minutes from home. So rode with him as had a drop off for one my "local" Adams Polishes customers.  Did the drop of International detail spray and PS odor neutralizer, then went to the mall as we still had at least another hour or so before meeting with his client.  Went to the food court after shopping as apparently the client was going to meet him there (strange, figured we would need to go to the clients house, as my husband is an insurance agent and often has to take pictures).  Well, shortly thereafter two of our friends showed up, one of them being Gary Gregory of Forced Air Designs (air brush artist, he is friends with and works with Mike Lavallee (sp?)).  Only then did I realize that my husband actually brought me out to get my birthday gift a few days early!  It is a custom air brushed hood liner to go in Hot Crush, my 2018 Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Special Edition Camaro M6 Convertible!  Just a few years ago Gary also did the hood liner for my 2013 Hot Wheels SE (45th Anniversary) Camaro Auto Coupe and it was also given to me as a surprise for my Birthday! Just in case you all are not getting one of the reasons I love Hot Wheels is that we both introduced into the world the same year ;) Hood liner pictures attached.  Feeling so loved!

Hotwheels dragon hoodliner.png

Hoodliner.jpg

Been new car shopping for three days solid. Can't find what I want at a price I want.  Cadillac is 7 years old, but only has 51,000 miles on it, and it still looks new.  But to get everything I have now on a new ride will run me close to $60K.  Found a GMC Denali Terrain that the wife and I both like, but the dealers are such crooks. Won't take anything off and won't give me crap for mine.  The one Denali is a demo and has over 2000 miles on it (2019) and they won't even take off for the mileage. 

So then we found a 2018 Acura RDX in blue with tan interior and all the bells and whistles, but when we got to the dealership.........it had just been sold. The new owners were still there signing papers.  

One thing I saw at the Acura dealer was a new NSX. Holy crap what a car.  $189,000 worth of fun. Paint alone cost $7000 on the car, but that paint was spectacular.  Maybe I'll hit the lottery. 

Next choice is a Cadillac XT4.  I like the XT5, but it's almost too big for just me and the wife.  Found one we liked but it was sold as well. Bad luck yesterday.  Test drove a Buick Envision too. Nice luxury ride inside, but the outside looks bland.  

So for now I guess I'm keeping the Cadillac.  It's AWD so it goes in the snow and has every option possible. Good little car.  Something may turn up later.

15 hours ago, Rich said:

Been new car shopping for three days solid. Can't find what I want at a price I want.  Cadillac is 7 years old, but only has 51,000 miles on it, and it still looks new.  But to get everything I have now on a new ride will run me close to $60K.  Found a GMC Denali Terrain that the wife and I both like, but the dealers are such crooks. Won't take anything off and won't give me crap for mine.  The one Denali is a demo and has over 2000 miles on it (2019) and they won't even take off for the mileage. 

So then we found a 2018 Acura RDX in blue with tan interior and all the bells and whistles, but when we got to the dealership.........it had just been sold. The new owners were still there signing papers.  

One thing I saw at the Acura dealer was a new NSX. Holy crap what a car.  $189,000 worth of fun. Paint alone cost $7000 on the car, but that paint was spectacular.  Maybe I'll hit the lottery. 

Next choice is a Cadillac XT4.  I like the XT5, but it's almost too big for just me and the wife.  Found one we liked but it was sold as well. Bad luck yesterday.  Test drove a Buick Envision too. Nice luxury ride inside, but the outside looks bland.  

So for now I guess I'm keeping the Cadillac.  It's AWD so it goes in the snow and has every option possible. Good little car.  Something may turn up later.

With the prices you are looking at you might want to consider a Range Rover Evoque or Audi Q5 and that is from a GM enthusiast.  My duaghters Evoque Prestige is a fantastic vehicle and it is several years old and has more luxury options than almost any caddy.  The Audi is very similar although I haven't been able to spend as much time in the Audi, what time I was in one told me it was quality and luxury.   My recommendations on the Evoque and Q5 are based on my best recollection of the size of the XT4 for comparison.   From the same standpoint, my wife and I are still considering the new Blazer to replace her Malibu, but we just haven't made a decision yet.  The only thing I can absolutely guarantee that no matter what she gets next, it will be Red.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

With the prices you are looking at you might want to consider a Range Rover Evoque or Audi Q5 and that is from a GM enthusiast.  My duaghters Evoque Prestige is a fantastic vehicle and it is several years old and has more luxury options than almost any caddy.  The Audi is very similar although I haven't been able to spend as much time in the Audi, what time I was in one told me it was quality and luxury.   My recommendations on the Evoque and Q5 are based on my best recollection of the size of the XT4 for comparison.   From the same standpoint, my wife and I are still considering the new Blazer to replace her Malibu, but we just haven't made a decision yet.  The only thing I can absolutely guarantee that no matter what she gets next, it will be Red.

I probably would have bought a while ago, but then they said the Blazer was coming back and I decided to wait. Had a Blazer before and liked it.  But neither the wife nor I like the looks of the new one. And they're so overpriced.  We've pretty much decided we're sticking with the Cadillacs. Found one to go look at tomorrow if it ever stops icing and snowing here.  Found a beautiful XT5 today, certified used with low miles, but it's FWD.  I need the AWD.  Eventually the right car will come along. 

3 hours ago, Shotfired said:

As for today i've bought new Grand Tourismo with PS4 HDD as I've lost my driver license for 5 straight years ahead. Don't ask how did it happen tho. I was a nightmare. But this PS4 pro with 34" inches TV looks neat. Yeah, i've sold my car due to this accident and spend some money on my entertaining. Can't say it was a right call, but as for i can't say what is actually right anymore. 

Uh oh.  Don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone makes mistakes in life. As long as nobody was hurt, the five years will pass before you know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not today, but last night my family and I watched on Facebook Live our high school boys basketball team win their first ever class 1A (real small schools) super-sectional game to go on to play in the final 4 state tournament!  I was a freakin nervous wreck and don't have any family on the team.  We were behind by 3 and a last second 3 pointer sent the game into overtime. 

43 minutes ago, vollychief said:

Not today, but last night my family and I watched on Facebook Live our high school boys basketball team win their first ever class 1A (real small schools) super-sectional game to go on to play in the final 4 state tournament!  I was a freakin nervous wreck and don't have any family on the team.  We were behind by 3 and a last second 3 pointer sent the game into overtime. 

That sounds exciting! I was fortunate enough to win 2 sectional titles in high school. The next round is regionals for us but we didn't make it past that. One year, we got beat by Yogi Ferrel's high school team if you've ever heard of him. My brother won sectionals last year during his senior year. It was so exciting to watch but it was also nerve-racking 

2 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

That sounds exciting! I was fortunate enough to win 2 sectional titles in high school. The next round is regionals for us but we didn't make it past that. One year, we got beat by Yogi Ferrel's high school team if you've ever heard of him. My brother won sectionals last year during his senior year. It was so exciting to watch but it was also nerve-racking 

Very nerve racking!  You want so much for the boys.  The sectional championship went into double overtime before we finally won it.  The whole day yesterday I was nervous.  I couldn't imagine what it was like for the players, coaches and parents. 

• 1 month later...

Checked airfare to down-under so I can buy a new cordless polisher.  😁

Its a short-throw DA with a selector switch to put in gear-driven mode.

Screenshot_20190420-170834_Instagram.jpg

Makita has some serious cordless tools with power equal to and even exceeding corded models. 

I have already switched all my outdoor power equipment to Makita cordless and love not having the noise and fumes of gas-powered equipment.

So I am already stocked with batteries for when this hits the US.

It will be interesting to see if the gear-driven mode will correct more like a long-throw, even though the Makita has a shorter-throw.

The ophthalmologist my wife works for closed his practice and retired March 30th. I was honored to be his last patient; no visual field changes and excellent eye health considering my glaucoma diagnosis almost twenty five years ago.  

Anyway, he let us have four giant cabinets that housed some of his patients medical files. One is in the basement now full of detailing supplies and the other three are in the garage. I removed the doors from the one in the basement but I’m leaving the doors on the three in the garage.

C1CFA059-A2E6-48CA-B06A-E72CE7177BBE.thumb.jpeg.af153212246596306256ab28a549ef50.jpeg

61D54042-8D7A-4E26-82A6-278E38B2EDCF.thumb.jpeg.047dd7f15cd270602967f402d0899f8a.jpeg

Note: Waterless Wash, Detail Spray, Microfiber Revitalizer, Tire & Rubber Cleaner, Turbo Stick, old wooden handled lug nut brush and clay bars were on different shelves when I got the itch to snap these pics. They are now all reunited and happily living on the same shelf away from the influence of Barry Meguiar, Richard Griot, Jim Lafeber and Bob McKee. ;)

Today before the family came over for Sunday dinner I rinseless washed the cabinets then dried them. They were then treated to Adam’s Quick Sealant followed by a competitor’s paint sealant. Yes, the spray head popped off and I had to go chase after it but that’s the fun of using Quick Sealant!  😁👍🏼

Tomorrow everything on the garage shelves is coming down and going into those same cabinets. Best part is the price: free for the hauling! Worst part is I’m now down to three full cans of Quick Sealant.

Edited by Captain Slow

On 4/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, TheWolf said:

Checked airfare to down-under so I can buy a new cordless polisher.  😁

Its a short-throw DA with a selector switch to put in gear-driven mode.

Screenshot_20190420-170834_Instagram.jpg

Makita has some serious cordless tools with power equal to and even exceeding corded models. 

I have already switched all my outdoor power equipment to Makita cordless and love not having the noise and fumes of gas-powered equipment.

So I am already stocked with batteries for when this hits the US.

It will be interesting to see if the gear-driven mode will correct more like a long-throw, even though the Makita has a shorter-throw.

You could buy several styles of Flex cordless polishers for less than the price of the airfare, but I like your thinking for a 'road' trip!

I got back from a business trip to the big city of Lebanon, VA, which is just about in the middle or nowhere.  However, I did receive several compliments about my truck and how well it shined.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lebanon,+VA+24266/@36.8970353,-82.2181572,77118m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88500504f0fa0f53:0xec8a9d31faea132!8m2!3d36.900942!4d-82.0801309

Made 4 trips to the landscape supply and picked up 2 yards of garden soil. Unloaded it all by myself with a flat shovel. Put 1.5 yards into my garden bed. The other half yard was spread in a low spot in my yard and then grass seed spread. 

Then it was off to the little league field to coach my sons little league team. 

Now watching the Bruins with a beer!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 6:07 AM, 8675309'SS said:

Since I finally got decent looking ones, I installed the dark tail lights and 3rd brake light on my car. I still needed to use some correcting polish and revive on the replaced set of lights. But it didn’t take much, and I was able to do it by hand. 

739EBC89-BDA1-48FE-8C26-DEEC5935AC05.jpeg

dang! so sexy lol

5 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Took the snowblower out of storage. Summer's a month away???? I was golfing over the weekend...in shorts!

It only reached 97 in Columbia, SC today and it is only May and here is the next week.   Compared to our friends in the Central US, neither of  us should be complaining - hope everyone is staying safe.   

10 Day Forecast

2 hours ago, RayS said:

It only reached 97 in Columbia, SC today and it is only May and here is the next week.   Compared to our friends in the Central US, neither of  us should be complaining - hope everyone is staying safe.   

10 Day Forecast

You're so right, Ray! Keep safe, central US folks!