Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

On 5/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, falcaineer said:

Took the snowblower out of storage. Summer's a month away???? I was golfing over the weekend...in shorts!

IMG_20190521_074223.thumb.jpg.51ba1090390f33ec3a72affcd3802c9e.jpg

IMG_20190521_074247.thumb.jpg.fe3a0d71a86d27acd5d5f759a339f800.jpg

IMG_20190521_085600.thumb.jpg.943a9b5ea2d33a9e7057ef19dac43ea2.jpg

IMG_20190521_085421.thumb.jpg.f9e8c5efb2fd075306e9ff5b96d5d89d.jpg

Sooooo, how much of that snow is still hanging around?

Oh man, Chris!  That sucks!!  But I'm glad it's not here (but we've had that too other years).

We were at the beach the last 4 days, so today I had to get all the sand, dirt, grime, and pollen off the black ride.  What a PITA.  Tonight, tornado warnings, hail, and strong thunderstorms blowing through so I imagine my day tomorrow will be picking up a mess before heading to Latrobe to watch the F16's practice for the air show this weekend.  

11 hours ago, Captain Slow said:

Sooooo, how much of that snow is still hanging around?

Mostly gone, but some spots still hanging around. It's been colder (30's) all week but rain has gotten rid of a lot if it. Now everything is just wet.

But nothing like what other areas are going through with storms, tornadoes, rain, etc, so I can't complain too much. Stay safe, friends!

• 3 weeks later...

To me, that's a clown car. Reminds me of a baby carriage.  Now if you take that ridiculous wing off..........  :2thumbs:

Went to a car cruise yesterday.  Nice community event and all the free burgers, dogs, chips, and drinks you wanted.  Cut grass today, cleaned the bugs off the Vette, and now it's hockey time.  Rain tomorrow, so we'll just be hanging out at home.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  

1 minute ago, Rich said:

To me, that's a clown car. Reminds me of a baby carriage.  Now if you take that ridiculous wing off..........  :2thumbs:

Went to a car cruise yesterday.  Nice community event and all the free burgers, dogs, chips, and drinks you wanted.  Cut grass today, cleaned the bugs off the Vette, and now it's hockey time.  Rain tomorrow, so we'll just be hanging out at home.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  

It was built for racing, so that helps explain it. 

Glad you had a good weekend, Rich!

I WAS going to start the SS Adam’s Paint Coating process today but got called in to the office 8 AM to noon.  After I got home I did dishes and changed the internals on the daughters toilet. Rained the whole time so humidity is very high.

6F1CB520-3CDE-437C-9893-BBC7249B07BE.thumb.jpeg.aa2793461d2cf984073be95cfa91bcbb.jpeg

Then I just checked out the forecast for this coming week ( my vacation week.)

1C1292BF-0EAC-4E9A-B500-5ED336D4CFDC.thumb.jpeg.faa5159c6f8a91f8c15e4f4196dbc05c.jpeg

Are you ******* kidding me?!?

Yes I can wash the SS in the garage but I was hoping for some pleasant late spring weather to make the process a tad more comfortable and enjoyable. 

• 2 weeks later...

We actually got three , THREE!!!!, whole days without rain here!!!  Yesterday, the wife and I made the trip to Carlisle Pa for the Chevy Nationals (GM) show.  Gorgeous drive with the  sun just coming up over the mountains and through some of the prettiest Amish farm country you'll find on earth.  Nice show, not 1/4 as large as Vettes or Chrysler, but had some nice displays. Linda Vaughn, Miss Hurst, was there signing autographs along with about a dozen Hurst cars from the 60's and a new Hurst Camaro.  Then they had a group from Ohio do a Bandit jump with an old Trans Am painted up to look like the bandit car, and he flew off a ramp, went 35 feet in the air, and came down onto the road nose first (he was supposed to land on the tires).  Not much left of that car, but the driver was okay.  A bit boring though.  Came home with a nice 2nd place in my class.  Wouldn't have cared if I didn't win anything though. Used to, don't any more.  Then a nice 2 1/2 hour drive home. 

Today was a local diner cruise in with well over 200 cars.  Nice place, they give out free t-shirts every month at their cruises, door prizes, and a poker run (I had a 7, Q, K, 10, and a 2)  .  Didn't win anything, but a lot of great cars, and even better people.   Been a busy weekend, and now I have two cars that are going to need detailed again this week.  

19 hours ago, Rich said:

We actually got three , THREE!!!!, whole days without rain here!!!  Yesterday, the wife and I made the trip to Carlisle Pa for the Chevy Nationals (GM) show.  Gorgeous drive with the  sun just coming up over the mountains and through some of the prettiest Amish farm country you'll find on earth.  Nice show, not 1/4 as large as Vettes or Chrysler, but had some nice displays. Linda Vaughn, Miss Hurst, was there signing autographs along with about a dozen Hurst cars from the 60's and a new Hurst Camaro.  Then they had a group from Ohio do a Bandit jump with an old Trans Am painted up to look like the bandit car, and he flew off a ramp, went 35 feet in the air, and came down onto the road nose first (he was supposed to land on the tires).  Not much left of that car, but the driver was okay.  A bit boring though.  Came home with a nice 2nd place in my class.  Wouldn't have cared if I didn't win anything though. Used to, don't any more.  Then a nice 2 1/2 hour drive home. 

Today was a local diner cruise in with well over 200 cars.  Nice place, they give out free t-shirts every month at their cruises, door prizes, and a poker run (I had a 7, Q, K, 10, and a 2)  .  Didn't win anything, but a lot of great cars, and even better people.   Been a busy weekend, and now I have two cars that are going to need detailed again this week.  

Congrats on the 2nd place! But you know what the say, Rich...pics or it didn't happen!

12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Congrats on the 2nd place! But you know what the say, Rich...pics or it didn't happen!

LOL. Won't get the trophy till I pick it up in August at Vettes.   But here's the winners list. Class  R102, C6, 2nd place 

https://carlisleevents.com/docs/default-source/winners-list-documents/2019ChevroletNationalsWinnersList

While fishing the local pond I was also watching the clouds boil higher and higher. Was that thunder???

I called it an early night, went home and parked in the garage. Got the wife’s Beast in there too just in time.

That blue dot is my house, the pink is quarter sized hail. Storm movement was due west.D6672A30-0D4F-4285-A111-D66C39396ACF.jpeg.fce615b77fd24eeec2480f5dda40d0df.jpeg

We got 60 mph winds, quarter sized hail and 1.3” of rain in under 20 minutes.

CABDE97C-2CF3-41A5-A8DE-782745F44BB7.thumb.jpeg.82f8e710a66ddd027fc351ad40c37c6e.jpeg

My nice clean Equinox got dirty on the way home from a funeral in Baltimore on Saturday, and Sunday was a day with the Vette, so today I used the Waterless Wash and did the whole Nox.  Looks brand spankin new now.  And after I gave the Nox some love, I wiped all the bugs off the Vette.  Tomorrow I rest!!

Thursday night we had a downburst that took out my back yard flag pole, the neighbors fence and numerous branches in our end of the subdivision.

C1C82E96-46C5-436D-8538-677F0F5369FF.thumb.jpeg.27b145c064f48acac276ded39bf7be1b.jpeg

Today I picked up a made in the USA flag and pole set to replace the damaged one. Before I assembled and mounted it I treated the pole, plastic flag retaining rings, plastic screws and eagle to a generous coating of Adam’s Quick Sealant.

B763832D-F5FC-4BF0-9A6A-984A8BF89FE6.thumb.jpeg.0aa13826928f142369361784e6344d61.jpeg

Please note the flag is illuminated by a solar powered light.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fellas! Been a while. :hi:  I tried to find my old thread “this one goes out to the forum” but was unsuccessful. I got another award earlier this month at Camaro Super Fest. :rockon: Got to Check out MIS too.  The following weekend I scored a 96 out of 100 at Camaro Fest’s Show n shine. No award there though. Competition was crazy fierce. There were some amazing cars present. 

What have I missed in the Adams world? Who’s got a summary?

6EE48DA7-D077-442C-87EC-5B65A6C8103B.jpeg

C47227A7-99B3-45CA-AC6C-5D56A658E147.jpeg

Since it was something like  115° today, I decided to take care of my parents car. 

They have a Nissan Murano, pearl white (sorry no pics). They come out from Baltimore every month to visit and see their granddaughter.  They arrived early today, it was nap time, so I wanted to get outside and knock their car out.

Rinse

Iron remover

New APC on wheels, tires, wells

Mega Foam (the Juciy Fruit scent is on point)

Car Shampoo in bucket

Rinse

Re foamed

Clay Mitt

Rinse

GnG

Ceramic Boost an hour later on everything except windows 

Tire Shine

Undercarriage Spray

Detail Spray on windows in and out

Then we went out for dinner

And then they drove an hour home in a severe storm,as I sat and sobbed😢 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

The storms popped up and for the better with this heat, but they were not predicted today.  

Too hot to do much this weekend, but went to a cruise in at a nursing home yesterday.  Not as big as they were hoping for, but the resident's seemed to enjoy seeing all the cars, and talking with everyone who came.  Plus we got to have lunch with the residents.  Some of these people don't have any family or anyone to visit with them, and they seemed to really enjoy having someone to talk with.

Today was our church parish festival and cruise in. Always a good show. About 300 cars, plus the festival and great food.  All I can say is I'm glad we had our pop up canopy with us because it was over 90* and then it rained for about 5 minutes which drove the humidity up. Miserable, but they have free beer!!  So all I did was sit, and eat, and put away about 12 glasses of beer.  I only live a block away, and probably sweat out any alcohol long before I drove home.  All in all, a good weekend.