Customer Service 866.965.0400

My testing of Adam's

RedexInLA

Question

I have an Adam's orange pad and his SHR, just washed my 96 GMC pickup with a 168k on it, white in color , I use it to comute back to and from work, 100 miles per day so the paint is in bad shape so i will let you all know how it turns out.

My 08' Toyoya Rav4 I done last week but this is the test of all test, I believe the outcome will be amazing.

Will only use the PC, I have a rotary which I've used for a long time but want to really test out the PC and some Adam's, I just love testing being I'm an engineer and that's part of my job, detailing is a past time of mine.

No other pads or wax/compund will be used in this test, only the orange pad and Adam's SHR, period. :pc:

Time to begin, I just washed the truck, (twice), clayed and washed for the 3rd time.

Now for some testing. :)

23 answers to this question

Last week I posted pics on my black 08' Rav with 18k on it.

As I said, I wanted to see how Adam's SHR and his orange pad alone would work on my 96' GMC pickup (white) with 168k on it.

I drive this truck to work and back daily, 100 miles per day so it was pretty beat up.

I don't have before pics because I thought I took some but didn't, but it's a 96' model paint which was bought new, it was in bad shape but hopefully you can see the outcome being the pics aren't the best.

But Adam's SHR , his orange pad and my PC did wonders, there is no wax of any kind yet, want to show it at this point of the correction.

Left side, which was really screwed.

th_truckside2-1.jpg?t=1303690836

Front, restored the lamps because I couldn't see much out of them.

th_IMG_0276.jpg?t=1303690836

Right side with bed shot after removing bed liner.

th_IMG_0275.jpg?t=1303690836

The hood, looks new again.

th_IMG_0274.jpg?t=1303690836

96' GMC, Full shot.

th_IMG_0273.jpg?t=1303690836

Close up of left door, still shine after correcting.

th_IMG_0272.jpg?t=1303690836

Close up of right door.

th_IMG_0270.jpg?t=1303690836

Another full body shot, short wheel base.

th_IMG_0269.jpg?t=1303690836

I washed it twice, clayed, made 2-3 passes using Adam's SHR and his orange pad, washed it again, that's it, nothing else used, no fillers of any kind, this is the real pics people, impressed to say the least.

As said, truck has 168k on it, never tuned it up so someone gave it a compete tune up yesterday in exchange for detailing his car, great deal for both of us being it didn't cost money for the both of us.

Placing another order with Adam next week, need more pads, backing plate and some In And Out, want to try that now.

I had one scratch that didn't come out because it was deep, sanded it out and worked it, scratch is now gone, it took out about 98% of the swirls and scratches.

WOW!

Wish i had better pic's but it was over cast today.

But you get the picture.

GMC, Chevy, not much difference if any.

I had one scratch that didn't want to come out so I did a little wet sanding, hit 2-3 times and it's gone.

about 7 hours, then I did an 02' Camary that was in very bad shape, about 708 hours, did them both in two days.

Was glad to get back to work so I could catch up on my rest.

Lol, oh well, it was fun, one car stopped by to see what the hell I was doing all day.

He said you sure putting a lot of time in detailing your cars, I said I was having a blast, he didn't understand that I don't think, to him it's hard work, to me it's my time to get away from it all.

Worked about 6 hours on my truck alone, not counting ,my black Rav4.

I can't say enogh about Adam's SHR and his pads, one must see it to believe it, pics and words isn't enough, one must see for their self.

Amazing.

My hood was so bad I had to work it for over an hour and so worth it, the paint looks brand new.

Flawless.

IF I don't get my Zen, LOL, people bleed.

ahhh I see Kevin.. get to it! lol :jester:

Lol, oh well, it was fun, one car stopped by to see what the hell I was doing all day.

He said you sure putting a lot of time in detailing your cars, I said I was having a blast, he didn't understand that I don't think, to him it's hard work, to me it's my time to get away from it all.

Worked about 6 hours on my truck alone, not counting ,my black Rav4.

I can't say enogh about Adam's SHR and his pads, one must see it to believe it, pics and words isn't enough, one must see for their self.

Amazing.

My hood was so bad I had to work it for over an hour and so worth it, the paint looks brand new.

Flawless.

nice job.. I would probly follow that SHR with FMP to perfect it even more

I will soon, just wated to show how well the SHR and pad along with the PC worked.

Right now I only have 3M Perfect ultra machine polish, didn't get around to order with Adam's.

Not sure what wax I'll order.

Last week I posted pics on my black 08' Rav with 18k on it.

As I said, I wanted to see how Adam's SHR and his orange pad alone would work on my 96' GMC pickup (white) with 168k on it.

I drive this truck to work and back daily, 100 miles per day so it was pretty beat up.

I don't have before pics because I thought I took some but didn't, but it's a 96' model paint which was bought new, it was in bad shape but hopefully you can see the outcome being the pics aren't the best.

But Adam's SHR , his orange pad and my PC did wonders, there is no wax of any kind yet, want to show it at this point of the correction.

Left side, which was really screwed.

th_truckside2-1.jpg?t=1303690836

Front, restored the lamps because I couldn't see much out of them.

th_IMG_0276.jpg?t=1303690836

Right side with bed shot after removing bed liner.

th_IMG_0275.jpg?t=1303690836

The hood, looks new again.

th_IMG_0274.jpg?t=1303690836

96' GMC, Full shot.

th_IMG_0273.jpg?t=1303690836

Close up of left door, still shine after correcting.

th_IMG_0272.jpg?t=1303690836

Close up of right door.

th_IMG_0270.jpg?t=1303690836

Another full body shot, short wheel base.

th_IMG_0269.jpg?t=1303690836

I washed it twice, clayed, made 2-3 passes using Adam's SHR and his orange pad, washed it again, that's it, nothing else used, no fillers of any kind, this is the real pics people, impressed to say the least.

As said, truck has 168k on it, never tuned it up so someone gave it a compete tune up yesterday in exchange for detailing his car, great deal for both of us being it didn't cost money for the both of us.

Placing another order with Adam next week, need more pads, backing plate and some In And Out, want to try that now.

I had one scratch that didn't come out because it was deep, sanded it out and worked it, scratch is now gone, it took out about 98% of the swirls and scratches.

WOW!

Wish i had better pic's but it was over cast today.

But you get the picture.

Thanks, still can't believe it came out this good being the truck is 15 years old.

My 08' Rav was no big deal even though it was full of swirls..

Noramlly dodn't keep the truck up to par being it's just my work truck but asked myself what better way to test then on this old truck.

Up close it's like almost perfect.

FMP as in Fine Machine Polish, you will want to use it after the SHR to refine the finish. No wax involved.

Yep, that's the plan, once I'm done with the SHR.

I just went look at it under a lot of lighting, it really looks great.

Should be done with the SHR tomorrow, I did see one scratch which was deep so I'll wet sand it, I've done it many times, when done right it removes it.

Don't forget to follow up with FMP and the white pad for the ultimate finish!

I will but the testing for now is just to show people who hasn't used the SHR before, I want to show it without any type of wax.

The results are great, I worked the hood for an hour, inspecting as i went along, every swirl and scratch is gone..

I'll inspect later tonight with 500w of lighing to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I want it perfect as I can get it in order to show great results because it's just amazing.

Can't wait to see the results. With that many miles you might be fighting paint chips which saddly can't be fixed with a pad.

Good luck..take progression pics along the way so we can see your progress.

Odd thing is there's no paint chips, i bought it new in 96 an been lucky, so I'm excited.

I done the hood and the left side of the truck, amazing, I can't believe how clean and shiney it came out.

The orange pad and SHR from Ada's is top notch, I'll show the pics once done.

My wife said the paint looks like an 08-09', it's coming out that good.

Can't wait to see the results. With that many miles you might be fighting paint chips which saddly can't be fixed with a pad.

Good luck..take progression pics along the way so we can see your progress.

Archived