Customer Service 866.965.0400

Caring for Factory Vinyl Stripes

Dylan did a vid showing several options on the vinyl stripes on a yellow Camaro.  I believe the best result was from dressing with sVRT.  That's what I do and they look great.

Cleaning I would suggest Car Wash Shampoo or Waterless Wash.  If you use APC be sure to dilute it substantially.  And don't let it dry on the stripes.

That was 2 years ago... Before quick sealant.... And before other pro detainees started doing write-ups.

With my entire roof panel being vinyl... I wanna know if anyone has had positive results and what combo.

Was planning to BG and Quick Sealant them.... Wanted to be sure that's the best course of action.

Car wash and WW do not handle bird bomb etchings. Figured BG may help vow of the solvents.

Edited by PaintTech

Okay.  Sorry I didn't help.  I don't think Brilliant Glaze has any cleaning properties but I guess it's worth a try.

Watch Dylan's video from about the 3:30 mark - he talks about BG containing a solvent that cleans when wet.

FWIW, PaintTech, I'm happy with BG and SVRT on my Shelby's matte black stripes.

Watch

from about the 3:30 mark - he talks about BG containing a solvent that cleans when wet.

FWIW, PaintTech, I'm happy with BG and SVRT on my Shelby's matte black stripes.

Been using BG since the day it came out... Love the stuff...

Just searching for best course since.... mY ENTIRE ROOF is vinyl!!!! Haha. That's a lot of vinyl to care for. Imma try BG and quick sealant on hood and if that goes well... Hittin the roof panel the same.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips.

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I have a Camaro SS 1LE with a vinyl hood.

I love Adams, but the VRT is the weakest product they make. I have sent pic after pic of VRT running down my paint after rain to Adams. I can't imagine a worse suggestion than applying VRT to a large scale area like a hood.

Anything else available?

• 9 months later...

I plan on using Brilliant Glaze on my factory matte vinyl hood decals per the OP. That said, the bottle states that Brilliant Glaze should not be used on vinyl or trim. Has the formula changed in such a manner that Brilliant Glaze is no longer recommended?

Thanks in advance

I plan on using Brilliant Glaze on my factory matte vinyl hood decals per the OP. That said, the bottle states that Brilliant Glaze should not be used on vinyl or trim. Has the formula changed in such a manner that Brilliant Glaze is no longer recommended?

Thanks in advance

Don't know, but why not use the new Matte Detailer?

• 8 months later...