Customer Service 866.965.0400

Msw-bg-americana

blackws6ta

Question

Ok guys I finished my polishing last night, car has been in the garage. I am ready for the first coat of msw. There is some free standing dust on the car from the garage, should I wcw with the ww towel before applying the msw? This is very light dust.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

17 answers to this question

Ok guys it was like 95degrees out today and I got the msw on. Used wcw for pre Wipedown the laid msw waited about 4573 due to it being so humid and then removed. Noticed a little streak here and there so I used wcw to clear those. Wax and finish detail tomorrow and will definitely post pics!

Thanks guys for all the compliments. Wouldn't you know I did that on my vacation and first day back it rains.

Now that is a good looking car! And yes, I think the weather gods know when we have a detail on the go because it always rains the next few days after!:mad:

OK GUYS HERE ARE THE PICS!

My process here was clean wheels with GWC and the Boulder Blonde wheel brush and lug nut brush along with the powerstick. Fenders and tires with fender brush and APC. Then foam entire car followed by two bucket wash and then sheet rinse with DS as the drying agent along with a great white drying towel. Clayed entire car with DS as lubricant. Started with hood as test panel. Tried FMP on White pad and still saw some small imperfections I didnt like. I gave the pad a shot of DS and reworked the polish and still there. I stepped to SHR on Orange and flashed first pass polish and noticed improvement,so I hit the pad with DS again and reworked and it came out to what I wanted. The whole car was done with this process. First pass polish with DS prime on pad / flash / reprime pad with DS and rework. Went from SHR to FMP with their corresponding pads. Did a WCW wipedown and applied MSW with the black pad. Let sit 45 min and removed using the PC and a double soft. Let cure for 20 hrs came back and did a WCW wipedown again and applied 1 coat of BG followed by 1 coat of Americana. Hit wheel wells with UCS and used BG on the rims. Cleaned up exhaust tips with APC/Utility towels/MP1. Hit exterior vents and plastic with IOS. I still have to do the windows and interior. All products used are Adam's all equipment is Adam's except for the Foam Gun which was not offered when I made my order. Took it out today and got many compliments. Let me know what you guys think. This car unfortunately was a daily driver for years and went through a couple Ohio winters.

carspring2011011.jpg

carspring2011010.jpg

carspring2011009.jpg

carspring2011008.jpg

carspring2011006.jpg

carspring2011005.jpg

carspring2011003.jpg

carspring2011002.jpg

carspring2011001.jpg

And Dylan's famous shot!

carspring2011004.jpg

Excuse the sweaty red complexion as it was 97 deg. today and I am a bigger fella LOL

Wipedown definitely! I worded my question weird I guess. Just wanted to see if using the ds or wcw would have negative effects on the msw. Heading out now to do it. Thanks for the quick responses fellas.

IF you are going to do a wipe-down PRE Machine SuperWax, I would suggest using Waterless Wash. :rockon:

Wipedown definitely! I worded my question weird I guess. Just wanted to see if using the ds or wcw would have negative effects on the msw. Heading out now to do it. Thanks for the quick responses fellas.

Yea..if there's dust on it definitely give it a quick wipe down with detail spray or waterless wash before you apply the MSW.

Remember after you apply the msw let it cure for at least 12hrs before you put the BG and americana on it.

Archived