Customer Service 866.965.0400

What can be used over Super Machine Wax?

10Camaro

Question

Several weeks ago I did a full detail on my car from Severe Swirl Remover through to Super Machine Wax. What do all of you do to continue to keep your paint looking its best after washes once the paint has been fully corrected and there are no swirls or scratches to be concerned about?

8 answers to this question

What he said ^!

If you want to add another layer of protection, any of Adam's waxes and/or Brilliant Glaze can be applied over MSW (wait at least 12 hours after applying MSW - not an issue in your case).

Bill is right...master proper wash and dry techniques and you should be good for quite a while, unless it's black and sits outside 24/7.

To answer your original question, adding a layer of Americana is the best thing to put on top of MSW. This will add a nice, shiny, additional layer of protection. As far as maintenance goes, I like Brilliant Glaze after a wash for giving it that "full detail" look. BG doesn't last very long nor offer significant protection. My semi-daily driver gets lots of Buttery Wax in between full polishes and corrections. Just be careful not to go waxing a dirty car...that's a sure fire way to rub scratches and swirls back into the finish. The "baggie test" will reveal a need to clay, but claying will remove any protection layers, so you can MSW, Americana, and BG all over again! Either way, a full polish like you've done should only be necessary a few times per year.

- Darryl

What can be used after MSW? Well from full metal jacket "anyting you want."

Movie quotes aside, seriously once you have a sealant down, you can top with whatever your heart desires. I'm a MSW then BG then Americana kinda guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What can be used after MSW? Well from full metal jacket "anyting you want."

Movie quotes aside, seriously once you have a sealant down, you can top with whatever your heart desires. I'm a MSW then BG then Americana kinda guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another MSW coat, Buttery, BG->Americana, Americana...

Archived