Customer Service 866.965.0400

Window Shades

musclejunkie

Question

:glasses:Never used em before, but I have a black leather interior in the Mustang and it has been frightfully hot when I get in. I'm also worried about the UV attack on my leather and vinyl interior componants. I don't like to leave the window cracked because of the tree pollen and dust that gets inside. I recently bought an el-cheapo fold-up reflective shade that tucks in under the front window and I'll be darned if it doesn't actually work! Do they make these for the back window also? My interior cabin is actually now bearable after sitting in a hot parking lot on a 95* day and I can touch the steering wheel. What do you guys use?

Hey...here's a pregnant idea! Why not an Adam's logo shade!:patriot:

14 answers to this question

:glasses:Never used em before, but I have a black leather interior in the Mustang and it has been frightfully hot when I get in. I'm also worried about the UV attack on my leather and vinyl interior componants. I don't like to leave the window cracked because of the tree pollen and dust that gets inside. I recently bought an el-cheapo fold-up reflective shade that tucks in under the front window and I'll be darned if it doesn't actually work! Do they make these for the back window also? My interior cabin is actually now bearable after sitting in a hot parking lot on a 95* day and I can touch the steering wheel. What do you guys use?

Hey...here's a pregnant idea! Why not an Adam's logo shade!:patriot:

I have the same issue, I was actually thinking about tinting my windows with like the lightest tint possible because i like to have a clear view for the outside of the car, but a sunshade would work. I know that on ebay they have custom ones that are shaped exactly for your windshield.

Tint helps, but doesn't get rid of the issue. My car has 30% tint on the windows which is second to last for lightness of tint and while it looks BA, it doesn't do much for interior temps.

I use those flip open sun shades in all my vehicles.

Chris

I use the folding 'spring' versions in my vehicles. Even the largest ones fold down into about a 12" diameter, about the size of a frisbee for easy storage. Works great. With all my other windows tinted and these in the front, it also gives me a little peace of mind that you can't just see into the vehicle when it's parked too.

I have 30 on all windows except windshield.

I use a shade for the w/s that you can get at any auto part store.

---

do what i do ...

i use my remote start and COOL the interior down before I get out there

--

yes I am spoiled. :D

I've always found it a pain to find a Sun Shade for the windshield that would fit perfectly. Now you may laugh, but I found mine through Skymall. :o It's a CoverCraft Car Sun Shade that's custom fit for your vehicle. Here's the product, but you can find it on a bunch of different sites: http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx

I don't like the foil shades as they'll end up flaking all over my interior, but this one is a fold-up board type. I'd skip the bag as it's rugged enough to do without and has worked flawlessly for years. The fit is PERFECT for my car. :thumbsup:

Good luck with your hunt!

-Zach

I tried one for the Camaro and can't find one that fit correctly. My windows are 14% all around with a combination of factory tint and aftermarket. I have a 5% front strip that is 6" wide and my car stays tolerable and its black.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have used Eclipse SunShades in the past. They work well and I have not had problems with the retracted shades being in the way.

yhst-25123196523298_2152_2133437

yhst-25123196523298_2152_3047693

I have use these for over 10 years (on my licoln Mark 8) and over 2 years now on my Camaro. They are awesome and custom made to your car :thumbsup:

I have 30 on all windows except windshield.

I use a shade for the w/s that you can get at any auto part store.

---

do what i do ...

i use my remote start and COOL the interior down before I get out there

--

yes I am spoiled. :D

:help: Listen junkette....if you were my girl, you would NEVER have to fry your cute little rear on a hot seat. After having the door opened for you by your gentlemanly boyfriend or hubby, you enter into an interior car environment which of course has been properly detailed for you and environmentally conditioned to the proper temp., before you even set your pretty little foot into it. What happened to chivalry? Geesh, I need to talk to your man and get him straight! All women should demand the royal treatment!:D

Im getting the mini's windshield done with this stuff, They have it as light as 95% (invisible for those of you that are worried about visibility) This stuff is unbelievable what it can do. My tint guy put it on one of his demo vehicles and leaves it out in a parking lot and the car is cool inside.

My car has 5% all the way around right now and stays really cool except for the dash and steering wheel (because of the windshield) i cant stand the foil covers so im splurging for for the crystalline, $230 for it but its welllllll worth it, plus you dont have to deal with folding those stupid foil things up:thumbsup:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Automotive/Crystalline_Automotive_Films/

http://wot.motortrend.com/3ms-window-films-block-heat-uv-rays-dark-tint-77391.html#ixzz1MH2xvMJD

I have 5% on the back and small windows of my SS, and 35 % on the drivers and passenger side windows. If I recall the film is made my 3M. Its a cermaic tint that blocks a huge amount of heat. I use a covercraft vehichle specific folding conver for the windshield that works great. They also make that ceramic tint in clear if legality is a concern. I plan on doing that to my windshield as to not bring undo attention from the LOE's in my area. I cant say enough good things about that 3m tint. Pricey yes, but you get what you pay for.

Archived