Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some jerk hit my car door with his door

texn884

Question

Just noticed this morning after leaving the hotel that someone used my rear passenger good as a dor stop for their car and left a nice 1" square mar/scratch. Looks like it is manly in the clear coat.

What is with people they see a nice car and say let me mess his car up becasue I don't care?

What do I need to mae it go away?:mad::help:

People who take up more than one spot in a parking lot are asking for trouble if you ask me. People will intentionally park next to you just for doing so. It's their way of saying that your car is not all that. I would never park that way. But then I park way out in the back 90. I mean way out there.

People who take up more than one spot in a parking lot are asking for trouble if you ask me. People will intentionally park next to you just for doing so. It's their way of saying that your car is not all that. I would never park that way. But then I park way out in the back 90. I mean way out there.

Actually, truth be known....Junkman actually parks (or tries to) on top of curbs. :lol: Sorry...I just had to say that.:patriot:

Curt, didn't mean to add to your frustration either with my post ....just trying to relate. Bottom line .... people either just don't care, OR they want to aggravate and insult you because YOU DO CARE.

Adam's products will take care of most any problem, thank goodness.

...but before I got there the guy came out to his car. He sees the cart (which didn't ever touch his car) he starts flipping out about it, I told him "nice car" and that I saw that cart and was going to move it. The guy then goes into a rant about how he would murder the person who left the cart near his car, and the goes on about killing his whole family! My GF and I were both a little shocked, but at the end of the day why the hell would someone bring a 150k car to the gardening store?

... and that's exactly why I don't think I'll ever buy a Porsche. I love their cars, but I don't ever want to be thought of as a "Porsche guy". I know I'm stereotyping, but it seem a lot of those guys are either too snotty or too tightly wound. :lolsmack:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I try not to draw attention to my parking... I usually take the last spot in the lot against the curb which usually gives me more room.

I do get worried when some beater parks next to me, but if they don't do anything to my car, I hold no resentment. :)

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I try not to draw attention to my parking... I usually take the last spot in the lot against the curb which usually gives me more room.

I do get worried when some beater parks next to me, but if they don't do anything to my car, I hold no resentment. :)

:iagree: With Chewy & Aj!

Curt, I see a lot of possible safe spots in that lot. All of them are end spots that would allow you to park right next to the curb (like 1" from the curb)giving ample room on the other side of you. If it were me, I would put my two side tires on the curb giving myself even more room! Of course my truck is like 2 feet in the air and that curb is no more than a 6".

My car was hit by a shopping cart, sure it was a person who could care less about others cars.

Mine was way worst than that, it came out with SHR so no harm done.

I'd love to engineer a more friendly shopping cart, soft bumpers with a brake when not in use.

I have the means to do it, just need to follow through.

I took care of the door scrape and another spot where something hit my fender the other day and both are no longer on the car. Thanks ADAMS, now if you could make all my stone chips go away I would do anything, well almost anything, lol

The door bumps are definitely frustrating - even to the point where if you park away from everybody, there will STILL be one car that will park by you even if there are closer spots. I've never understood that. I've wondered if their mentality was "well, this car is isolated from people messing/bumping it. I'll park right next to it so we'll be isolated together."

It drives my wife crazy when we are in my car, as I HAVE to park away from everyone else. I always offer to drop her off at the entrance of wherever we're going, but she just shakes her head with the affirmation that I'm not using all of my cerebral processes correctly. I'm ok with her never understanding my passion to drive a shiny and dent-free vehicle - I'm not ok with her driving my car and NOT parking away from everybody else (which she normally tries to avoid for my sanity's sake).

The door bumps are definitely frustrating - even to the point where if you park away from everybody, there will STILL be one car that will park by you even if there are closer spots. I've never understood that. I've wondered if their mentality was "well, this car is isolated from people messing/bumping it. I'll park right next to it so we'll be isolated together."

It drives my wife crazy when we are in my car, as I HAVE to park away from everyone else. I always offer to drop her off at the entrance of wherever we're going, but she just shakes her head with the affirmation that I'm not using all of my cerebral processes correctly. I'm ok with her never understanding my passion to drive a shiny and dent-free vehicle - I'm not ok with her driving my car and NOT parking away from everybody else (which she normally tries to avoid for my sanity's sake).

You allow her to drive your car??? :help:

LOL, AJ! She HATES driving it because of my "requirements!"

1. Park away from everybody else

2. Watch out for pot holes

3. Careful of the nails when using door handles

4. Check feet/shoes before getting in

5. Sunroof and windows closed when leaving the car in public parking

6. Avoid parking near active sprinklers or driving into sprinklers that are shooting onto the road

The list could go on, but you get the picture. I'm careful to only bring one or two of these reminders up at once, as it's all over if you end up getting "the look."

:mad:

:snap:

When my car is perfect an some butt head that dont give a **** and does it on purpose and then does not leave a note to say sorry, screw them.

First off how can you tell of it was intentionally done on purpose if you weren't there to see it? Yes it was a dumb move on their part and a careless one at that. If the person meant to do the damage then I'm sure the damage would of been alot worse than some clear coat damage. Ive had the samething happen to me but while I was sitting in my car. Did the person mean to do it,no. He was a careless idiot and didn't take the appropriate procedures to ensure his door didn't fly open and hit mine. Should of the person left you a note apologizing? Yes he should. There for here you are upset and wanting to know how can this be fix. First off we need pictures of the damage and from there we can give you the best solution to your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bummer about the damage -- We all know how you feel. Please try to tone down the language a bit though; we try to keep a friendly, family-safe tone around here -- we want everyone from budding 13 year old enthusiasts to experienced retired guys to enjoy this as a civil, welcoming site. Thanks!

And do post some pics -- chances are you'll get some great tips on fixing or minimizing the damage. :cheers:

Rich

I totally and completely understand and feel your pain, thats why I park my car so far away from people, to the point that my gf tells me that I should park at home and just walk...lol

If its on the clear, chances are the focus pad and a drill will take it out. My gf's car had something similar to this and I got is out in less than a minute. Post pics anyway and keep us posted.

Archived