Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some jerk hit my car door with his door

texn884

Question

Just noticed this morning after leaving the hotel that someone used my rear passenger good as a dor stop for their car and left a nice 1" square mar/scratch. Looks like it is manly in the clear coat.

What is with people they see a nice car and say let me mess his car up becasue I don't care?

What do I need to mae it go away?:mad::help:

I know about the language and I'll tone it down. I will get a picture here in a while when I get a break.

People that open their cars doors on other peoples cars don't care becasue they look at a vehilce as just a means to get some where. I stand by what I said!

It is hard to see becasue there is a few coats of Americana on my car so you can understand when your car is perfect except for the nose of the car from the rock haulers that don't care about dropping rocks and stones on the roads and wreck out paint jobs and windshields.

fb3751fd.jpg

I do that if I can but this hotel likes to have the sprinklers turn on and soak all the cars and not the grass and then you have hard water spots all over the car.

My 2004 Colorado has 382,000 miles on it and never got a door dent and still looks great when it is all cleaned up. There is no justice for people that take care of their cars.

I think I will just walk, lol

My guess is a focus pad and shr/ssr will take that right out... If not and you are comfortable with it... wetsanding might be a next step.... then a redo of the ssr/shr/fmp process..

I have dings in my door(s) now that I can't fix... will need pulled, painted... one went down to the paint... I have some touch-up to keep it from rusting while I get the best price for the repair...

So I feel your pain on people not taking care when opening their door into your car. Fact of life in the age of the entitlement generation.... I could say more but I don't want to get religious/political/etc

We share your pain bro,

Mike

A perfect job for the focus pads, variable speed drill, SHR and FMP then Americana. Doesn't look all that bad to me. At least there is no dent!

Next time, do like I do....park in a secluded (no man's land) area of the parking lot a mile and a half from the store entrance and straddle two spaces parking at an angle and see how that works out for ya. I had some IDIOT actually park right on top of my car in no man's land to coax me into kicking his you know what which is exactly what I would have done if he had left a scratch or a ding. A night in jail would have been worth it to me, I was so angry.

This country has totally lost any sense of decency or respect for private property. Sad! :(

A perfect job for the focus pads, variable speed drill, SHR and FMP then Americana. Doesn't look all that bad to me. At least there is no dent!

I agree -- I think you'll be fine. My wife's black car had some similar paint on it and it came right out. :2thumbs:

I know I can get it out with a little time this weekend but still sucks. Here was a test done by me done a month ago where I parked well away from anyone near and when I came out from dinner look at the POS next to me.

I usually park away from anyone and take 2 spots also like you do Muscle. I work hard and pay to keep my cars looking top notch but this time I had no choice. I don't know what goes through peoples pea size brains its just they don't care.

utf-8BQWxidXF1ZXJxdWUtMjAxMTA0MDUtMDAwNDcuanBn.jpg

Two weeks ago I go to the gardening store. I see a very nice newer Porsche Turbo parked away from evertyhing (keep in mind I'm driving my beater) I park near him, but spots away. I'm coming out, and I see the Porsche is still there, and my GF and I notice a cart near it. We both comment to each other about the cart, I was actually heading over to move the cart away from the guys car, but before I got there the guy came out to his car. He sees the cart (which didn't ever touch his car) he starts flipping out about it, I told him "nice car" and that I saw that cart and was going to move it. The guy then goes into a rant about how he would murder the person who left the cart near his car, and the goes on about killing his whole family! My GF and I were both a little shocked, but at the end of the day why the hell would someone bring a 150k car to the gardening store?

I know my story is pointless to your situation, but it made me think of it from all the cursing! All and all I'm sure you can shape up the door and nobody will ever know.

On a sidenote: Somtimes when I see a nice car parked away from everything and I'm driving one of my nicer cars I sometimes park a few spots away, but other times I feel like I might be doing a favor by parking next to them? I assume they will recognize my car and it's cleanliness and think I did them a favor as opposed to some POS parking next to them?

I do the same thing I guess I had to vent.

It shows how passionate people are about their nice cars. I don't even care it all you have is a beater no one should mess with anyones cars. They guy was wild at least you know never go near his car again, lol

Archived