Customer Service 866.965.0400

New in MA

race29

Hi

New here. Could go crazy here buying one of everything but there's a budget. Any suggestions on what to start with? We have a new Camaro and want to start off right using quality products and this looks to be the place to buy them.

thanks

Welcome and GO RED SOX!

I recommend the Essentials Kit! Grab a Gallon of Detail Spray, a bottle of Brilliant Glaze and some Americana Paste Wax while you are at it! Make that paint sing!

Mook

Welcome. :welcomebanner: Without knowing your budget, I'd say get the biggest kit that you can afford. The Adam's Basic Wash & Wax Kit is a pretty good starter for only $100. Whatever you buy though, you're probably gonna want more, which is why I say go with a big kit, it'll save you in the long run.

Thanks for the tip. Looking at what's available and the head's spinning. Car was my early Bday present. Hubby's getting products to keep it clean for Father's Day LOL!

Go Sox and Bruins!

Is it a rotary buffer? I wouldn't say toss it, but in the hands of a rookie, a rotary is a good way to quickly ruin a paint job. Professionals can get great results with them, but it can be hard for a novice to control. Best case it could leave holograms on the finish, which is fixable, worst case it burns through the paint which would need a respray. The PC is generally safe unless you flip it upside down and smash the car with it.

Is it a rotary buffer? I wouldn't say toss it, but in the hands of a rookie, a rotary is a good way to quickly ruin a paint job. Professionals can get great results with them, but it can be hard for a novice to control. Best case it could leave holograms on the finish, which is fixable, worst case it burns through the paint which would need a respray. The PC is generally safe unless you flip it upside down and smash the car with it.

Thanks! Wouldn't be the first time using it but first time on new and probably not worth chancing. Thanks for the help!

Just as an example of what a rotary can do, here's an example another member posted a little while back of when he tried a rotary. Notice all the buffer trails?

attachment.php?attachmentid=6775&stc=1&d=1305438640

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11715

He later fixed it with a PC and now it looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6905&stc=1&d=1306734159

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=209386&postcount=73

If you have any fears of using a PC check out this thread and watch the videos:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4034

Just as an example of what a rotary can do, here's an example another member posted a little while back of when he tried a rotary. Notice all the buffer trails?

attachment.php?attachmentid=6775&stc=1&d=1305438640

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11715

He later fixed it with a PC and now it looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6905&stc=1&d=1306734159

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=209386&postcount=73

If you have any fears of using a PC check out this thread and watch the videos:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4034

Wow! Thanks! I'd die if that happened. The car is inferno orange and metallic so that would really mess things up.

Nice car and welcome.

There are quite a few people from Ma. here that can help you with questions. There is also a local rep that you can get supplies from.

Do you ever go to the cruse night in Lancaster? I have been going most Friday night. If you make it try to find me.

Nice car and welcome.

There are quite a few people from Ma. here that can help you with questions. There is also a local rep that you can get supplies from.

Do you ever go to the cruse night in Lancaster? I have been going most Friday night. If you make it try to find me.

Hi

We haven't made it to Lancaster yet maybe tomorrow night. We've only had the car a week. We have an 83 Z28 but haven't gone far with it yet this year. Lost it's louver so it looks "special" until we replace it. If we make it tomorrow night we'll be sure to look for you. Love the vette!

As long as it does not rain I plan to get there around 5:00.

There are not many Le Mans blue Vet's around so it should be easy to find me. I will also look for the Orange Camaro as well.

In the past I had a red 85 Camaro, and had a silver 85 Vet at the same time. The Camaro is long gone and I just sold the 85 Vet last fall.

We would be there around 5:30-6 too. We'll look you up for sure. so do you work at Colonial West?

No - I had them change the wheels on the car and they did a great job. I do know a few people who do work there which is why I went. Then they wanted a picture of the car with their name in the background so I took a few.

Is that where your car came from?

No - I had them change the wheels on the car and they did a great job. I do know a few people who do work there which is why I went. Then they wanted a picture of the car with their name in the background so I took a few.

Is that where your car came from?

No we looked at one there but couldn't make a deal. Glad we didn't they had used. We ended up with new for not much more. We have a friend there too. I do want to go see what they have for toys there though...need to start personalizing it.

greetings from another MA bread...driver of the enemy Barricade (lol) but all love for American Muscle :) there's a huge car show at Skips (forget the town) it's july 24th...all makes and models will be there...PM me if you want details

Archived