Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning PC polishing pads

bambush

Question

:help: anyone have any suggestions on cleaning pc polishing pads. I just purchased my PC and love it already. I didn't purchase any all purpose cleaner and don't know if you can use other cleaners. Anyone tried anything else that works?

15 answers to this question

Since you don't have APC, I would say something like Simple Green. If you use that, make sure it is completely rinsed out. I would say Dawn maybe, but I don't know how well it works on polishes. On wax, it's great.

Since you don't have APC, I would say something like Simple Green. If you use that, make sure it is completely rinsed out. I would say Dawn maybe, but I don't know how well it works on polishes. On wax, it's great.

:iagree: That will get you by until you can get you some APC!

After using the pads, you spray them down with apc then run them under water, correct?

Yeah kind of. After you spray with APC, work it in with your thumbs. Then rinse out starting in the middle and work your way to the edge.

I spray them well with APC, work it in with my fingers, let it soak a bit, rinse well with garden hose.

I like to get mine to dry under 3 hours, after I wring it out lightly I put it back on my pc, set it to 5 and give it a whirl, then I push it up against a MF towel and then put it in front of a very high speed blower that I have.

it dries very fast which I like, I don't like them to stay wet for a long period of time.

I did 12 cars with my orange pad, darn thing looks new.

Best pad on the market IMO.

I then store them in a canvas bag.

Simple Green would work very well for you, not harsh.

You will love thse pads, they really work well.

I spray them with APC, let it soak in a bit, rinse them under running water squishing them until it's clear. I then throw them in the front-load washer and set it on rinse and spin - one 10-minute cycle. They come out like new, but damp and I put them on my 4-boot boot dryer for awhile. They're completely dry in a couple of hours.

I'd say simple green is probably your best 'stand in' option... like the others mentioned just make sure to spend lots of time rinsing them out and be sure you have all the cleaner out of them before setting them out to dry.

You can even go a step further after rinsing and submerge them in a bucket of clean water, set your grit guard on top of them (upside down) and then the lid on top to keep them submerged. Let them sit like that for a couple hours, then pull them out, give them another rinse, and then squeeze out excess water, set out to dry.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQabUpVZes?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQabUpVZes?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I actually prefer using dawn... I get the pad all suds up inside and out and l let it sit and do its magic. That being said, I've used APC as well... When I clean them it takes me a while. I do them in my kitchen sink. It's just easier than being bent over.

Archived