Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ordered the New Rubber Today

Nordgrey

Well I hummed and hawed for a couple weeks and said screw it. You pay for quality, you get quality.

Adam's taught me that.....;)

Four shiny (well not shiny really) new 18 inch Michelin Pilot Super Sports should be here Thursday and on the car by Saturday.

Intersted to see how the Coupe likes em.

Nice. I've decided those will be the next tires for my car too. I'm just waiting for my current tires to wear out. They might not be cheap, but everything I've read about them is that they're great and our family has had great luck with Michelins in the past. Let us know how they work out.

Dad had some run flat Pilots Sports on his M5 that seemed pretty good.

Since I don't use mine on a track and it's strictly a DD, I'll go with some Kumho's or Hankooks.

I spent a while looking around. The trick is finding a good tire in 18 inch with the right stagger.

When I bought my winter tires I was left with a grand total from every manufacturer I had access to of two tires....... I went with the Toyo's for that. Michelin was the other choice at about 50 bucks more a corner......

I love new tire time... I get to burn the old ones to the ground!!!!!!!!!:burnout::burnout:

Not an option for me this time. The tires being replaced are $1400 worth of winter tires I hope to get a couple more winters out of! :lolsmack:

Nothing terribly spectacular looking, but handling? :jawdrop:

Only got about 100km on them so far, mainly because the winter tires were in the back and I didn't want them bouncing around too much.....LOL

Still, a hard 90 degree right hander at over 60 kmh without so much as a hint of slipping, with the TCS off. This makes for ahappy sailor!:banana:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

I know the car is filthy!! Hasn't had her weekly bath yet, but I had to get some SVRT on the tires ASAP!

Is it just me or do you love the smell of fresh tire in your garage too?

The combo smell in the garage after a detail (not the B.O.!!!) is the only rival for it if you ask me! The smell I speak of here is DS/BG/Americana Combo...and if the WW has been out...that too!

Mook

I've got the Michelin Pilot Sports on my Corvette, great tires, you should be very happy. French company, but the tires were made in the states.

Bruce

(sorry, just realized I missed one entire page of the post before replying.)

Congrats on the new rubber.

Very nice ride you got there, probably a blast to drive with the new stickys :burnout:

Gawd awful expensive, but man........ I even have to change normal highway driving mindset.

Shoot you think those are bad, buy some Toyo Muds in a 33x12.5x20 next time... $350/tire :lol:

Now that I think about that its not actually that funny that I spent that much :(

I know exactly what you mean Bill. They were just north of $1600 installed.

My only saving grace is that I am single and only have to justify it to myself. :jester:

I feel your pain.

3 years ago I spent $950 (that's with a family discount) on two rear tires for my Corvette. I really should get rid of my run flats.

Archived