Customer Service 866.965.0400

DS pad priming

CrawlinTBSS

Question

In the videos they show doing the pad priming with a mist of DS. Should that be done everytime I apply a new X to the pad or is it just for the first time using the pad that day? Since the video only shows Adam doing 1 pads of each, wasn't sure if its good to do each time or not. Thanks

9 answers to this question

You should prime your padwhen you first begin polishing. After you complete one panel of your car, you dont need to reapply product, just simply prime your pad with DS and your good to go. The DS reactivates the product thats left in the pad.

I normally apply more polish to the pad every 3/4 panels

I usually spray the pad a few times at the beginning when making new X's but after a while the pad gets soaked and heavy. So I only start to spray the DS on it again when it starts throwing a little dust.

Yes, like Chris and others said - the pad does a fair amount of the work, so you don't need to use much polish to get great results. Too much polish doesn't work as well or as fast. Those polish bottles will last a long time.

When thinking about polish, less is more (to a point)! :D

I do a couple sprays of DS and an X pattern on the first panel, followed by a quick mist of DS and 3 - pea sized drops on each subsequent 2x2 panel. Every so often I'll skip using any product and just a quick mist of DS for a panel. You don't want to saturate the pad with DS or product. Like they have said....a bottle of product goes a LOOOOOOONG way.

Archived