Customer Service 866.965.0400

Silverado Issue

nmacdonald50

Question

Those who own older Chevy Silverados may identify with this. On the truck's side, in my case an ext. cab, there is a three inch "curve" that starts just above and ends right at the body trim. It's a real problem getting something in there to deal with the swirls and scratches. I remember watching a video on here of a guy using a dish rag on the tail lights of a Vette to get in that small indented area using SHR. Can the same process be used here? Or any suggestions?

Here's the area I'm talking about and you can see it needs attention.

3inchcurve.jpg

15 answers to this question

Frenchy, I considered the focus pads but I was concerned about the plastic trim on the pad causing additional problems. Not only that, at a high speed, even if I taped the truck's trim either the tape would get destroyed or the pad would get thrashed. Consequently, I was hesitant to try.

Yeah, go with the focus pads. If your worried about the plastic trim, get some painters tape and tape it off.

If you're still not sure, get the orange hex grip hand pad or a flip pad. Then you can do it by hand.

I remember watching a video on here of a guy using a dish rag on the tail lights of a Vette to get in that small indented area using SHR. Can the same process be used here? Or any suggestions?

You could use a microfiber to apply the SHR as was shown in the video, but the hex pad or the Focus pad will work faster.

Yeah, go with the focus pads. If your worried about the plastic trim, get some painters tape and tape it off.

If you're still not sure, get the orange hex grip hand pad or a flip pad. Then you can do it by hand.

:iagree:

mask the door trim with tape, and polish with the focus pads.

:iagree:

The tape bit is what I was going to add... Tape off anything you don't want touched and have at it.

Chris

Archived