Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Foam Gun question

JunkmansHomeboy

Question

Like many of you Im thinking about a foam gun. I noticed last night

that there are some foam guns that work with pressure washers.

I have a pressure washer so that got me thinking i need a gun that will work with it.

Couple of questions here, Will any foam gun thats made for a pressure washer work with any pressure washer?

Secondly, I seen a gun that said you could rinse with its lance. Im worried the pressure washer would be to strong? Possible or not?

I tried pressure washing once with my old mustang that ended up having the paint coming off. Clearly a mistake. Dont want to be screwing up my rides. The pressure washer i have is a bad mofo. Its got da powA.

Any advice and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Your talking about a foam cannon. I and 3pedalmini both use it, and its safe. I personally can't wash my car without it.

You can rinse your car off with a pressure washer, just don't keep the wand like an inch away from the paint. Keep it a few feet away and you should be fine. I've used the pressure washer a dozen times so far and haven't had any paint peel away.

A foam cannon requires you to determine which attachment you need to fit your pressure washer.

I agree, I can only wash now w/ using the foam cannon. I have two guns and use quick connects on them. One for rinsing and one for using the foam cannon. I rinse, foam, rinse, foam, wash w/ mits, rinse, dry. IMO using this method you'll receive minimal marring.

Your local big box retailer should also have the attachment for the foam cannon if the supplier your buying from doesnt supply it.

Pressure is the way to go. It does a better job of rinsing off bugs, bird poop, and other big dirt. Which would be better doing that...blasting it off with a water stream or scrubbing it of with a wash mitt? I mean...we're all about touching the paint as little as possible, right? I just don't see bugs or bird bombs coming off with a garden hose rinse.

Since I already had the pressure washer, for foaming the car I went the foam cannon route for not much more $$ than the Gilmour foam gun. Lemme tell ya, that thing lays down some serious foam in short order. 30 seconds and the car looks like a birthday cake. Not really suitable for in-the-garage washing -- pretty much a driveway tool - but after a high pressure rinse, followed by a thick layer of foam, followed by the two-bucket wash, followed by a high pressure rinse...there's just no dirt left on the car and there's been no actual scrubbing, just a nice gentle caress with your $37 wash mitt to get the road film off. Bugs, poop, and dirt clods are already gone.

By adding another trigger handle to the system, I can quick disconnect the rinse lance from the foam cannon. So, the foam cannon was $47 (Amazon), the extra trigger handle was $16 (Amazon and Northern Tool), and the quick disconnect fittings were a few bucks at Home Depot.

No, it won't blast the paint off.

pressurewasher.jpg

I went to the garage this afternoon and found I have an Ex-Cell power washer.

Model is XR2750 so its a 2750 psi pressure washer.

Can somoene tell me what fitting I might need to get this to work with an ******** Hp foam cannon?

I would appreciate it. I like your setup mac. Maybe I will do something like that too.

I went to the garage this afternoon and found I have an Ex-Cell power washer.

Model is XR2750 so its a 2750 psi pressure washer.

Can somoene tell me what fitting I might need to get this to work with an ******** Hp foam cannon?

I would appreciate it. I like your setup mac. Maybe I will do something like that too.

You need a female 3/8 inch quick coupler on the free end of the pressure hose (opposite of where it attaches to the pump), then screw a 3/8 inch male coupler on the trigger handles so you can quick-disconnect the foam lance and exchange it for the rinse lance.

If you buy the $47 foam cannon and the $16 trigger handle above, those two connect together with a single 3/8 NPT brass pipe nipple from your hardware store. Use teflon tape.

trigger spray gun handle

quick coupler for your pressure washer hose

quick couple for your foam lance and rinse lance trigger handle (need 2)

foam cannon.

3/8 inch pipe nipple

pressurewasher2.jpg

Archived