Customer Service 866.965.0400

Garage lighting suggestions...

Redvenm

Question

I am thinking about lighting up my garage since I spend much of my time there at night working on my car. I do currently have 2 100w bulbs and 8-4ft flourescents. I need much much more. Tired of pulling it out in the daylight and seeing problem areas that I have missed.:help: Sure nothing will match the sun but I bet with some help from this board I can light that sucker up like a roman candle!

Was thinking about 2 500w halogens on a stand but not sure if halogens will work. Maybe 2 stands? LED ? It is a 2 car garage. Any suggestions.

10 answers to this question

These guys are right on. 2 500W on a stand are good.

Here's a little tip about these lights - Don't set the light up too close to the car. The heat from the lights will heat up your body panels and make some polishes act weird.

I learned this the hard way.

Dan, thanks for pointing that out. My garage has a pole right in the middle and with my vette sits on one side, I have limited space. I probably would have put them to close without your suggestion.:thumbsup:

8 feet, or so is pretty safe I found. Also, don't point them directly at the car. Put them on a slight angle.

I had issues when the light was pointing directly at the car 5 feet away. My car is black too so that didn't help any.

When I examine at the car with the lights, I'll pick up the light on shine it directly on to the paint.

Archived