Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long will kits last and what do I really need?

Pyrophor2011

Question

I am thinking about buying one of the kits but interested in knowing how long the products, including non chemical products, last.

My car is a 2011 Genesis Coupe with Bathurst Black paint and I just purchased it about two weeks ago. I am interested in the Junkman kit or any other similar kit because I have swirls that need to be removed.

Since purchasing the car, the Hyundai dealership has been washing it for me because of some hard water spots that were there before purchase. Turns out, they were making swirls on the car so I have since stopped letting them wash it. However, even when they would wash the car it would be dirty again literally 1-2days later even though I park it in a garage, don't drive it often and when at work I park it in the open, not under a tree or anything. It's like the products they use are attracting pollen and dirt like a magnet.

So really, I am wondering if Adams will help with the frequency which I need to wash my car and how long their polish and wax last. I have read about antistatic products and didn't know if they were a gimmick or if Adams has similar features.

Honestly, I am trying to figure out how long all this stuff will last because of the initial sticker shock of the kits. Even refills are kind of expensive and I was considering products from the Meguiars Pro or Zaino lines because of that.

As far as what I need, I was thinking of just going with the Junkman kit as said above. The seating is leather in my car though and it would probably be a good idea to also get leather cleaner. I am just trying to be conservative here because money is tight right now but I dont want to sacrifice the beauty of my new car for a few dollars.

Any help that can be provided would be appreciated, thanks!

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the americana depending on conditions will last a couple of months but the tub itself will last you a long time if you take care of it. I think I figured it out to about a dollar a wax out of the tub and with the sale right now its even less then that comes out to like 70 or 75 cents a wax. Its easy on and easy off I love the stuff I have had mine for a while now and i still have at least 2/3rds of a container if not more.

Tallahassee, Florida. Doing a quick good search it appears there might be one place close by. I will check it out this weekend if the products haven't arrived by then.

Ouch, yeah I was hoping it would help with the need to dust. What interesting it my friend has the same car and color but doesn't seem to have the problem I am having. Although, he has a ton more swirls than I do. I will ask him what he is doing to keep the dirt off in between washes.

I was also thinking about some kind of air compressor. I see there is one sold through Adams, I didn't know how well it works. I was needing a GOOD one anyways for my computers.

Does the Vac n Blo also shoot air as I would assume from the Blo part? If so, does it work well?

The vac n blo works well, I have one. I use it as a vacuum and not the blower. I have a master blaster for blowing the water off. I personally do not like the idea of using the same tool to blow with as I do vac with. Possible dirt hitting my car. Use caution if using an actual air compressor to blow off your car. I have many compressors at my shop and I know they deffinately get sediment build up in the lines you certainly don't want hitting your paint.

Wow! I couldn't see myself washing my car that often. What does that do for your wax? How often do you need to reapply? What about your wallet? lol

I can not speak to the longevity of any the waxes just yet. Just applied my first coat of AM not too long ago.

Where do you live?

Tallahassee, Florida. Doing a quick good search it appears there might be one place close by. I will check it out this weekend if the products haven't arrived by then.

My view on some of your questions and I am sure others will chime in.

1. Do not "touch" your car, you risk more scratches. Get the products in hand first. I have gone to the local carwash and sprayed my vette off when the dirt was unbearable. Got on the highway to air dry. Only done when I am away from home.

2. If you have swirls or minor scratches you will need a PC or Flex to remove. As importantly as the right equipment is the knowledge to use properly. That support you will find here via videos, excellent customer support and these forums. People here are the best and always willing to help. I am a former Zaino guy and their products are pretty good. I switched to Adams after finding their products and needed the PC for paint correction. Zaino doesn't come close in support. Give it a try, you will see.

3. I won't tell you that after using Adams products your car will stay cleaner longer. I can tell you after cleaning my vette, the next morning the bit of dust kills me. Here is what I do, some here agree, some do not. I use a Cali Duster and very gently remove remove the dust. Then it looks great again.

Keeping your car looking great their is some cost associated with it as well as time. You have to decide for yourself where you are comfortable.

My firm belief is that if you use Adams properly and utilize these boards, you will be very satisified. Good luck and:welcomebanner:

Ouch, yeah I was hoping it would help with the need to dust. What interesting it my friend has the same car and color but doesn't seem to have the problem I am having. Although, he has a ton more swirls than I do. I will ask him what he is doing to keep the dirt off in between washes.

I was also thinking about some kind of air compressor. I see there is one sold through Adams, I didn't know how well it works. I was needing a GOOD one anyways for my computers.

Does the Vac n Blo also shoot air as I would assume from the Blo part? If so, does it work well?

Welcome!

If I remember correctly you indicated your car is black. As one forum regular has noted "Black is not a hobby it's a career!" I have a black truck and keeping it clean is a regular chore. Sometimes I wash it two or three times a week depending on weather conditions. Nevertheless, even when its dirty I still get comments on how good it looks.

Wait for your Adam's order...you will be glad you did.

Wow! I couldn't see myself washing my car that often. What does that do for your wax? How often do you need to reapply? What about your wallet? lol

Welcome!

If I remember correctly you indicated your car is black. As one forum regular has noted "Black is not a hobby it's a career!" I have a black truck and keeping it clean is a regular chore. Sometimes I wash it two or three times a week depending on weather conditions. Nevertheless, even when its dirty I still get comments on how good it looks.

Wait for your Adam's order...you will be glad you did.

My view on some of your questions and I am sure others will chime in.

1. Do not "touch" your car, you risk more scratches. Get the products in hand first. I have gone to the local carwash and sprayed my vette off when the dirt was unbearable. Got on the highway to air dry. Only done when I am away from home.

2. If you have swirls or minor scratches you will need a PC or Flex to remove. As importantly as the right equipment is the knowledge to use properly. That support you will find here via videos, excellent customer support and these forums. People here are the best and always willing to help. I am a former Zaino guy and their products are pretty good. I switched to Adams after finding their products and needed the PC for paint correction. Zaino doesn't come close in support. Give it a try, you will see.

3. I won't tell you that after using Adams products your car will stay cleaner longer. I can tell you after cleaning my vette, the next morning the bit of dust kills me. Here is what I do, some here agree, some do not. I use a Cali Duster and very gently remove remove the dust. Then it looks great again.

Keeping your car looking great their is some cost associated with it as well as time. You have to decide for yourself where you are comfortable.

My firm belief is that if you use Adams properly and utilize these boards, you will be very satisified. Good luck and:welcomebanner:

Oh, haha. Yeah I don't know if we have anything like that around here. I will have to check around.

I just got my tint done so it will be a few days before I want to wash it anyways, according to the tint shop.

Where do you live?

Man, I am talking about a touchless car wash that is attached to like a Conoco, Valero, etc.....nothing that requires you to get out. :D

Oh, haha. Yeah I don't know if we have anything like that around here. I will have to check around.

I just got my tint done so it will be a few days before I want to wash it anyways, according to the tint shop.

I was thinking about that but wasn't sure what it was going to do to the paint.

We have one or two here in town but I don't think either are completely touchless. Both require the brush tool for soap, which of coarse I don't want to do.

Man, I am talking about a touchless car wash that is attached to like a Conoco, Valero, etc.....nothing that requires you to get out. :D

Ok, I am going to try one of the Adam kits. Which wax should I go with though? I am looking for factory shine or close to it, durability and of course ease of use.

Also, I wont be ordering till tomorrow so most likely I won't see anything in time for the weekend. With that in mind and considering how dirty my car is right now just from a few days and rain, I was going to buy this Meguiars kit to hold me over or should I just wait?

http://www.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

Americana is awesome but like you said money is tight the Buttery Wax is pretty **** good too. If you can part with the extra cash for Americana go for it but no matter what product you grab from Adam's you'll be happy

Black car and the obsession/compulsion that goes with it mean you're going to need a buffer because swirls will kill you, especially after seeing what the car looks like after a machine polish, and ESPECIALLY after you've put on a good coat of wax. After seeing my Black Cherry Z in the sun after I finished with the Fine Machine Polish, I originally thought that I could stop at the Maachine Superwax. Well, that was indeed beautiful, but suffice it to say that now I follow with Brilliant Glaze and then Americana, and even at noon on a sunny day that finish will break your heart.

Yeah, pollen and dust is a problem on a dark car. I wash a lot, and the California Duster is one of my most-used tools. And as mentioned, a good blower also is a good dust fixer.

Just wait. The less you touch your car at this point, the better off the paint is. No offense to you. Just better to wait. Especially if money is tight. No sense in buying extra product that you will end up throwing away or whatever.

Yeah, I am just worried about rain water that has dried on the paint and the dirt that is along with it. I didn't know if waiting was going to cause more harm than good.

Would it be a good idea to at least lightly rinse the car to get some of the dirt off?

Just wait. The less you touch your car at this point, the better off the paint is. No offense to you. Just better to wait. Especially if money is tight. No sense in buying extra product that you will end up throwing away or whatever.

Ok, I am going to try one of the Adam kits. Which wax should I go with though? I am looking for factory shine or close to it, durability and of course ease of use.

Also, I wont be ordering till tomorrow so most likely I won't see anything in time for the weekend. With that in mind and considering how dirty my car is right now just from a few days and rain, I was going to buy this Meguiars kit to hold me over or should I just wait?

NO COMPETITORS LINKS PLEASE

I am thinking about buying one of the kits but interested in knowing how long the products, including non chemical products, last.

A lot of variables and not all products are used at the same rate. Obviously things like polishers, brushes, towels have an extremely long term useful life.

Pads expect to get about 10-15 paint corrections out of each pad... again here though how you use them, care for them, and the size/condition of the car all play a role in determining how long.

Chemicals all vary... you'll burn thru Detail Spray, Car Wash, APC, and similar products much faster than you will thru waxes and polishes. Too many variables to really put a solid number on anything, but 16oz of polish or wax will last you a long time... 16oz of cleaner won't last more than a few details in some cases.

My car is a 2011 Genesis Coupe with Bathurst Black paint and I just purchased it about two weeks ago. I am interested in the Junkman kit or any other similar kit because I have swirls that need to be removed.

Good call. It requires a machine to remove swirl marks so at least you're already headed down that road.

Since purchasing the car, the Hyundai dealership has been washing it for me because of some hard water spots that were there before purchase. Turns out, they were making swirls on the car so I have since stopped letting them wash it. However, even when they would wash the car it would be dirty again literally 1-2days later even though I park it in a garage, don't drive it often and when at work I park it in the open, not under a tree or anything. It's like the products they use are attracting pollen and dirt like a magnet.

A lot of times the act of washing a car itself is what builds up a charge. I've found that wiping down after a wash with detail spray or even better waterless wash drastically reduce the charge on the car.

So really, I am wondering if Adams will help with the frequency which I need to wash my car and how long their polish and wax last. I have read about antistatic products and didn't know if they were a gimmick or if Adams has similar features.

Understand that some areas simply have more airborn particles. You don't have your location listed, so I can only assume, but in my case if I leave my garage open here in SoCal for any period of time dust and pollen seem to fly in and cover everything (not just my truck). Its only ever a problem with the humidity is really low as more particles are in the air. Detailing and washing your car regularly, most importantly keeping a good coat of wax on it, will reduce the surface tension on the paint to an extent that in some cases you could blow the stuff off. I know right after a detail I can take my blaster sidekick and knock a few days of dust off no problem!

Honestly, I am trying to figure out how long all this stuff will last because of the initial sticker shock of the kits. Even refills are kind of expensive and I was considering products from the Meguiars Pro or Zaino lines because of that.

With that price you get all the support here on the forums, a 110% satisfaction guarantee, outstanding customer support, and a line of product where the process doesn't require a chemistry set and a lab coat :D

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

As far as what I need, I was thinking of just going with the Junkman kit as said above. The seating is leather in my car though and it would probably be a good idea to also get leather cleaner. I am just trying to be conservative here because money is tight right now but I dont want to sacrifice the beauty of my new car for a few dollars.

Any help that can be provided would be appreciated, thanks!

I'd suggest at the very least getting the leather conditioner... if the cars brand new the likelihood you need to clean the seats is low. You can always pick up some leather & interior cleaner at a later date with another order.

1. Welcome. Have you watched the Vol. 7 Video?

2. Product lasting--that's tough to gauge as there are a lot of variables.

3. What you really need? Do you currently have a Porter Cable Polisher? I know you were looking at the Junkman Kit, and that isn't a bad place to start.

You contradict yourself in the last two statements:

"Even refills are kind of expensive..."

Then you go on to say, "...money is tight right now but I don't want to sacrifice the beauty...over a couple bucks."

With the 15% off sale right now, there isn't a better time to buy the Junkman Kit if that is what you have been eyeballing. All of our products are Premium in quality, Made in the USA, and come with a 100% money back guarantee.

I used to use someone's pro line before switching, and eventually becoming part of the team. Although both of what you mentioned have decent products, I find Adam's to be superior to them.

Good Luck,

Mook

I haven't watched video 7.

Yeah, I am just trying to get a rough idea based on washing the car once a week or ever other week. That's the biggest variable in my mind because based on the way Hyundai had washed the car it needed another wash 2 days later which I can't continue on like that. I was hoping that Adams or any other professional line would help reduce the frequency that I would need to wash in general. Dust seems to magnetically cling to the car right now and it's weird how quick it gets filthy (1-2 days).

I do not have any tools or cleaning products currently. I need to get something asap though before this dirt and water causes damage to the paint. Even if I buy something locally just to hold me over for a week.

As far as my statement about money. Money is tight right now with now having car payments, increased insurance and increased gas prices as well as gas consumption (two cars instead of 1 for the house). That said, if Adams is exponentially better than Meguiars Pro or Zaino, then I would stick with Adams regardless of the fact it will cost me more. However, there isn't much difference in quality, I would have to side with the other products atm because they are proving cheaper.

With that said, I understand there may be some bias here towards Adams and I am not knocking the product. I am just wondering if there is really much difference between it and the other two brands mentioned.

Ive broken it out and if I go with the Junkman kit, when I need refills it will cost me about $200 with shipping for all the refills. Compared to Zainos ultimate kit which is about $100 and Meguiars which is about the same. If I need to buy the Zaino products 4 times a year but need the Adams only once a year, the saving is obvious with Adams. Thats why I ask about how long the kits last.

3. What you really need? Do you currently have a Porter Cable Polisher? I know you were looking at the Junkman Kit, and that isn't a bad place to start.

Then you go on to say, "...money is tight right now but I don't want to sacrifice the beauty...over a couple bucks."

With the 15% off sale right now, there isn't a better time to buy the Junkman Kit if that is what you have been eyeballing. All of our products are Premium in quality, Made in the USA, and come with a 110% money back guarantee.

I used to use someone's pro line before switching, and eventually becoming part of the team. Although both of what you mentioned have decent products, I find Adam's to be superior to them.

Good Luck,

Mook

Welcome to the family!!!!

With the 15% off sale right now, there isn't a better time to buy the Junkman Kit if that is what you have been eyeballing. All of our products are Premium in quality, Made in the USA, and come with a 110% money back guarantee.

Good Luck,

Mook

Ok, after much consideration I decided to purchase the Ultimate PC kit with a few modifications. I dropped the caddy and metro vac to pickup the focus 4" kit, glass sealant, 1 gallon shampoo and extra bucket.

That really hurt the wallet but I am sure it will be worth it. I will find out next week myself.

Thanks for all the advice here and I look forward to reporting back.

Archived