Customer Service 866.965.0400

A little help please

txredgt

Question

Just got a ton of goodies from Jason here in SA so now my question is this. Being that I live in an apartment and I doubt they will be fond of me polishing my car here I have to wait for that until some other time. I think I can get away with some BG and Americana, but breaking out the new PC is out of the question at least for here at my apartment. I do have a buddies house/workshop that I will be using for the pc, but being that its a friends I can't use it when I want. So my question comes down to this: After washing my car tomorrow should I go ahead and clay/BG/Americana it even though it has swirls and whatnot or should I just wait for the full effect? I am not sure when I can do that as it might be a few weeks away though. I also will take the advice of only doing 1 panel until I perfect it so that could take a few times as well, I know alot of people will dive headfirst but I gotta feel comfortable 1st and might even need focus pads on the PC for the tight spots.

Should I just wash and dry it like usual and live with the sub-par-ness that it will be or put the ultimate shine on minus being corrected? Thanks :patriot:

4 answers to this question

Do you have Revive? Doing a pass of that after the claying, but before moving to glaze/americana would help.

Understand that a finish is only going to be as good as the prep put into it, so while BG/Americana will net you a nice look, you won't be seeing the full potential of the products until you get some work in with the PC first.

Do you have Revive? Doing a pass of that after the claying, but before moving to glaze/americana would help.

Understand that a finish is only going to be as good as the prep put into it, so while BG/Americana will net you a nice look, you won't be seeing the full potential of the products until you get some work in with the PC first.

No revive yet Dylan, I am waiting to see how the car and paint takes to the PC and the polishes before going to the next step which would be revive. I will add it eventually to the lineup, I just had more pressing issues I felt and I spent a pretty penny already.

On a side note though, I do have a spot or two that I have never seen much of on here. I can't identify it but Jason did get a picture of it. I will txt him and see if he can post it up on here and get some opinions on how to attack it. I do know that it will take the PC to get it out (hopefully).

Archived