Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just Received My Flex

BigBlue2007

Question

I just received my Flex. Saturday or Sunday will be the first time I use the Flex. Does anyone have any tips or advice for the Flex? It would be greatly appreciated.

How much pressure should I apply?, etc.

I know some of the basics:

1. Use a little more polish than the PC

2. Stay away from edges

3. Move the Flex faster than the PC

4. The Flex is more powerful

the pressure you need is just enough to slightly "crush" the pad. What you do is take the machine and place it pad side down then light start to push until you see the backing plate kinda sink in the pad a little. check out the video and you will see what I mean.

:iagree: EXACTLY. One last bit of advice: HOLD ON. Its not like the PC.

I just received my Flex. Saturday or Sunday will be the first time I use the Flex. Does anyone have any tips or advice for the Flex? It would be greatly appreciated.

How much pressure should I apply?, 9 to 14 pounds just like the PC

I know some of the basics:

1. Use a little more polish than the PC Use a X instead of the 3 pea sized dots

2. Stay away from edges

3. Move the Flex faster than the PC Move about twice as fast as a PC

4. The Flex is more powerful

Like the others said, HANG ON and keep the pad face flat on the surface. On horizontal panels the Flex is easy. The vertical ones will give you the workout.

I don't think you need more polish, but I think you use less Detail Spray to prime your pads and such. Less pressure for sure.

You definitely need more polish as the Flex will work the polish harder and faster. The pressure you apply can very depending on the polish that you are using and the effect that you are going for (finishing a polish down for example requires less pressure). I use a circle around the pad because I do not like putting polish in the middle of the pas as that is where the polish likes to navigate to depending on how much you use.

I don't think you need more polish, but I think you use less Detail Spray to prime your pads and such. Less pressure for sure.

Tape off a section on the hood to try and hone your technique before moving on. When you have completed that section, you will then know how to and what to progress with from there.

Mook

The pc is usually 3 pea size drops, the flex is the "x"

The flex is a beast. HANG ON FOR DEAR LIFE! No but really its alot different than a PC for sure. Have fun and take some pics.

The key is holding flat against the paint which will tend to reduce the walking but when changing directions you will always need to be in firm control.

You definitely need more polish as the Flex will work the polish harder and faster. The pressure you apply can very depending on the polish that you are using and the effect that you are going for (finishing a polish down for example requires less pressure). I use a circle around the pad because I do not like putting polish in the middle of the pas as that is where the polish likes to navigate to depending on how much you use.

The pc is usually 3 pea size drops, the flex is the "x"

Junkman, I am speaking from personal experience. You are also. More than one way to skin a cat, and this also varies with each vehicle, as we can't see what the person is dealing with, how many passes are needed, etc.

BlueGenCoupe, I've got it covered on my end. :thumbsup:

Archived