Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana over Buttery Wax

JJPlace1

Question

23 answers to this question

I am so glad I had already been told this before I put on the Americana ! I did go one section at a time and it worked perfectly .You guys Rock !! :2thumbs:

We're all here to help you get your shine on! :glasses:

I am so glad I had already been told this before I put on the Americana ! I did go one section at a time and it worked perfectly .You guys Rock !! :2thumbs:

I lve buttery wax

I'm also starting to really like americana.

The 1st time I put (americana) it on approx. 1 year ago I did the whole vette and let it dry like conventional wax.

BIG mistake...

I almost couldn't hand buff it out which turned me off on americana wax.

Last Sunday I applied it on one section at a time...let it sit for approx. 5 minutes then applied it to another section and went back and buffed out the previous.

I kept up this routine until the entire vette was lightly waxed with americana.

This time it was a real pleasure

It is great stuff :thumbsup:

I lve buttery wax

I'm also starting to really like americana.

The 1st time I put (americana) it on approx. 1 year ago I did the whole vette and let it dry like conventional wax.

BIG mistake...

I almost couldn't hand buff it out which turned me off on americana wax.

Last Sunday I applied it on one section at a time...let it sit for approx. 5 minutes then applied it to another section and went back and buffed out the previous.

I kept up this routine until the entire vette was lightly waxed with americana.

This time it was a real pleasure

It is great stuff :thumbsup:

OK , Here is a picture I took after a thin coat of Americana over the Buttery wax. I am VERY impressed with the results ! :banana:

Wow! Looks great! :drool::thumbsup: Buttery got me hooked on Adams. Still use it in the summer (black paint) in direct sun, NO problems and looks amazing.

I think I want to put a coat of Americana all over my body, so I shine even more.

It makes my Panther Black Matellic Holden shine like the sun. Then Brilliant Glaze and oh my the Black Rat looks soooooooooooooooooooooo GRRRR8

It all depends of what products you layer and how many layers, you do run the risk of clouding up the finish if you get carried away. For me 1 coat of glaze and 1 coat of wax gets me the results I am after :thumbsup:

:iagree:Just as with applying product, less is best.....so it is with layering. Too many layers (and too soon) may well lead to clouding.

I M O ...The initial layer of Americana over Buttery is okay. Its the next week or so of adding another layer, then another where you risk clouding rather than good results.

It all depends of what products you layer and how many layers, you do run the risk of clouding up the finish if you get carried away. For me 1 coat of glaze and 1 coat of wax gets me the results I am after :thumbsup:

With all this layering of waxes and sealant I have to wonder what we are truely gaining? Those who have done this are your truely seeing significant results or more thinking so to justify our labours?

Archived