Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leftover wax etc.

Oldman Cadillac

Question

I purchased the Hand Polishing kit w/ BW. Washed, clayed (love the Adams clay and you get alot), then SHR & RP (very easy to use), and BW w/ yellow hexgrip. Done.

Now I did this inside the warehouse at work where we aren't allowed to have personal vehicles inside. Especially early on a sunday. :jester: So when I was done I boogied.

What's the best and eastiest way to remove the SHR, RP, and BW out from inbetween the body panels and light fixtures?

P.S. I did tape everything off. So I have learned a little. :D

12 answers to this question

:iagree: Try just wiping with a MF first.

The polishes might be able to be rewetted with a shot of DS and a wipe with a MF towel. That should get it done. My reasoning is this: if polish dries on the regular surface during detailing, a misting of DS revives the polish to get it wiped off.

Wax, you might need to use a touch of APC. Don't let that dry on the surface. Immediately wipe clean and maybe followup with some DS as well.

Spritz the area with some Detail Spray and wipe with a Microfiber towel. For tight spots wrap the MF around a popsicle (or craft) stick, and for even tighter spaces use Qtips. If the wax or polish had been for a long time you may need some rubbing alcohol to remove it.

Spritz the area with some Detail Spray and wipe with a Microfiber towel. For tight spots wrap the MF around a popsicle (or craft) stick, and for even tighter spaces use Qtips. If the wax or polish had been for a long time you may need some rubbing alcohol to remove it.

:iagree: DS & MF towel!

use a black utility towel and try to fit it in between the panels.. maybe even use a credit card covered my the MF..

I'm impressed Nick! I see there's some knowledge behind the smarta$$ comments :D

Nothing but love for you, except this weekend. My Brewers are getting spanked by your Sox right now.

I'm impressed Nick! I see there's some knowledge behind the smarta$$ comments :D

Nothing but love for you, except this weekend. My Brewers are getting spanked by your Sox right now.

I'll make sure to send a wambulance your way.. :jester:

My sarcastic comments brightens everyone's days.. you should consider yourself privileged to experience my wrath.. :cheers:

Archived