Customer Service 866.965.0400

removing plastic scuffs

1121ken

Question

i have a car that i am detailing trying to get a scuff out of it... you know the plastic trim around a side mirror well someone rode all the way down the side of the car rubbing the plastic stuff all down the side i tried washing and nothing seems to work i removed some of the material but a large portion still remains. what method could i use with the PC to remove this will i require wet sanding or will the aggressive orange pad with shr remove it? i should recieve mine in a week i am just trying to get insight ahead of time. also i will have pics up tommorow so you can get first hand idea of it to better assist me thanks alot guys. appreciate what ever insight you give...

9 answers to this question

i have a car that i am detailing trying to get a scuff out of it... you know the plastic trim around a side mirror well someone rode all the way down the side of the car rubbing the plastic stuff all down the side i tried washing and nothing seems to work i removed some of the material but a large portion still remains. what method could i use with the PC to remove this will i require wet sanding or will the aggressive orange pad with shr remove it? i should recieve mine in a week i am just trying to get insight ahead of time. also i will have pics up tommorow so you can get first hand idea of it to better assist me thanks alot guys. appreciate what ever insight you give...

What do you mean by the part in bold?

I'm having a hard time picturing what it is you're saying.

Yeah, pics would be great.

ill get pics up in tommorow bc i am on duty right now lol blows. someone drove to close to the car and their mirror the plastic trim mainly scraped all the way down leaving black plastic scuff all the way down the car.. if that doesnt help ill wait to upload some photos.

Yes, clay should take that off, but it may take a while. I take scuffs like that off with clay when people brush mirrors up against the side of the garage or if someone's bumper rubs up against something.

- Darryl

Archived