Customer Service 866.965.0400

How dirty is "too dirty" for waterless wash??

Chase@InsanePaint

Question

I've done about 80-90 miles of in-town driving in my Charger recently, over the course of the past few days. No rain, no puddles, no grimey stuff. Just basic road dust, etc. There's an obvious & noticeable layer of dust on my baby. But I feel like a "healthy" coat of waterless wash, and a continuously clean waffle towel should get the job done, without scratching. What do you guys think? What's the breaking point of when it's time to do a normal water bucket wash??

17 answers to this question

I'm new to all this and just made a sample order last week. I purchased WCW and a couple of WCW waffle towels to use for the clean up of bugs and bird bombs. My car is not a daily driver and is garaged. Would this be the correct and safe application?

First, if you had watched the videos that I referenced earlier in this thread, I don't think that you would be asking this question. Mainly because using this product to remove bug guts and bird bombs is only advised depending on when and what you are addressing. For bird bombs, This product is good if you use it to saturate the dropping very thoroughly, using your fingers to ensure that the droppings are completely dissolved BEFORE you think about wiping them off your car. Even at that point, claying the area may be necessary if the droppings have been on the surface of the car long enough to start etching the paint. This etching does NOT take long to happen so addressing the bombs as soon as possible is very key to the success of avoiding this damage.

Bug guts are totally different. Not only can they etch, but you can end up with shells and other hard parts of the bugs stuck to your paint. All you have to do is think about the possibility of grinding bug shells across your paint to see that this is not a smart thing to do. Thus, bugs have to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Not the next weekend, not the next few day, not in the morning. You have got to high pressure remove or wash those things off right away as soon as you finish driving the car. It is better to halfway wash the bug guts off the car than it is to allow them to remain on the car for ANY amount of time.

If you have protected the finish of your car properly, then a garden hose with the fire nozzle is all you need to remove the bugs with ease if you do it soon enough. I talk about that protection in my wax protection videos.

I honestly have came to the conclusion that im not touching the paint with wcw unless it a bird dropping. Other than that it'll be a two bucket wash from now on for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Amen! When in doubt, DON'T, esp. on black. Pollen is one thing, but if any driving has occurred, it's wash time.

I'm new to all this and just made a sample order last week. I purchased WCW and a couple of WCW waffle towels to use for the clean up of bugs and bird bombs. My car is not a daily driver and is garaged. Would this be the correct and safe application?

Yup. And my Charger is BLACK. I usually only truly "wash" my Charger a few times a year. The rest of the time she gets WCW. As long as your technique is correct, you won't have ANY scratches. :cheers:

I have been using the Wather Less Wash for cleaning the bug guts off the front end and mirror covers and bird bombs then go over it with detail spray. With my car bing black and shows every touch and scratch I used it on the hood the other day and it came out ok but was still nervious.

I do it all the time, just use a lot of WCW and several WCW Towels!

Check it out! How Good or Great is WCW? :thumbsup:

I'll X2 Chris' response, oh I see I did in that thread...still X2!

I WCW the G8 this AM after parking under a tree yesterday and collecting 3 bird bombs (fixed yesterday) and a lot of dust. Cali dusted and WCW then pulled her out in the hot sun; still beautiful and scratch free. I'm down to maybe a bottle and a half left in the gallon, so I'll be looking for one this weekend at Bloomington Gold,along with Detail Spray, Glass Cleaner, Glass Sealer, assorted brushes, etc. :D

I've done about 80-90 miles of in-town driving in my Charger recently, over the course of the past few days. No rain, no puddles, no grimey stuff. Just basic road dust, etc. There's an obvious & noticeable layer of dust on my baby. But I feel like a "healthy" coat of waterless wash, and a continuously clean waffle towel should get the job done, without scratching. What do you guys think? What's the breaking point of when it's time to do a normal water bucket wash??

Pictures of the grime would sure help too.

Archived