Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product wish list

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If done properly if will prevent this problem from ever occurring :jester:

It seems you got the joke. Your setup about wrapping in rubber was too easy, but I had to keep things forum-friendly. :cheers:

lmao!

hey, they're jackhammering downstairs, house is shaking, cut me some slack :lolsmack:

:jester::jester::jester: I only did it because you'd be the first to point it out if someone else did it. :cheers:

I am trying to teach them at a young age how to wash a car the right way. They are actually doing well. A couple more years and I will be sitting in a chair watching them, and smiling.

Dylan, thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have the made in china ones, my situation kinda requires it. Just a suggestion. I still have tons of other made in America products from Adams.

As a matter of fact last night when I got home from work there was an Adams delivery waiting for me. As I was opening it my 7 yr old says "dad, every time Adams comes out with something new you have to have it"

I got the Gilmour wash gun a couple years back and love it. I'd like to have another cup to attach to the gun, and a chemical that would mix with water as I'm rinsing it to not leave water spots. Like a water softener or something to that effect. I think it would be better than spraying the wet car down with detailer.

All noted guys..

FWIW - the flex w/ green pad and SSR won't have any problems knocking out 2000 grit, we tested at that level during development of the green pad SSR 1500 was just out of reach, 2000 though was removed easily .

For anything more substantial we have the focus pads.

Great info above Dylan!

I am still waiting to try the Megs MF system, so won't attempt to comment, my point was that at least their marketing is saying they are bridging the gap for those that don't/can't/won't step up to the flex.... and was curious to hear what Adam's was thinking... so thanks for your response!

I am still in the beginning stages of doing my "research" into multiple systems (time is the limiting factor), and will announce when completed for any that are interested. My focus is on quality and speed. I will attempt to take pictures as well. Respecting the forum rules, I won't be posting any results here (unless approved by Adam's)

On that subject however, does Adam's have any published competitive information? Pics? One example is on another forum I saw some comparisons of carpet cleaners... where Adam's was rated as the best by several members.... I think info like this would be invaluable! I am now using it on shirts... carpet... sneakers.. almost anything I think I can't get the stain out of... and like magic.. it does...

Regards,

Mike

Great info above Dylan!

I am still waiting to try the Megs MF system, so won't attempt to comment, my point was that at least their marketing is saying they are bridging the gap for those that don't/can't/won't step up to the flex.... and was curious to hear what Adam's was thinking... so thanks for your response!

I am still in the beginning stages of doing my "research" into multiple systems (time is the limiting factor), and will announce when completed for any that are interested. My focus is on quality and speed. I will attempt to take pictures as well. Respecting the forum rules, I won't be posting any results here (unless approved by Adam's)

On that subject however, does Adam's have any published competitive information? Pics? One example is on another forum I saw some comparisons of carpet cleaners... where Adam's was rated as the best by several members.... I think info like this would be invaluable! I am now using it on shirts... carpet... sneakers.. almost anything I think I can't get the stain out of... and like magic.. it does...

Regards,

Mike

DUH!!!:lol::lol::lol: sorry couldn't resist!

Also:

1) Spray on polishes/compounds (reduces splatter/sling)

2) Spray on sealant (for speed)

3) Heavy duty brake dust remover...

4) Extractor/steamer - great addition to the carpet and upholstery cleaner

1 & 2 would be targeted more at rotary users and should be SMAT based.

Ok, first round of testing on the MF system on the PC was somewhat of a let down... can remove washing swirls or swirls from wool rotary use... This is with the supplied compound... I didn't test on flex... I have heard some folks have good success with Megs 105 on the MF pads... Because it did not live up to expectations I also did not finish with the polish.... I needed to step up my aggressiveness and used another system... (and rotary)

So, so far, this system is not living up to it's hype, as far as (IMHO)... I would say the aggressiveness was around the same as SHR... (on the PC)...

For those that haven't done so, I would recommend moving to a Flex, for faster correction (and in some cases correcting what you can't with the PC -- when you feel ready).

Regards,

Mike

Ok, first round of testing on the MF system on the PC was somewhat of a let down... can remove washing swirls or swirls from wool rotary use... This is with the supplied compound... I didn't test on flex... I have heard some folks have good success with Megs 105 on the MF pads... Because it did not live up to expectations I also did not finish with the polish.... I needed to step up my aggressiveness and used another system... (and rotary)

So, so far, this system is not living up to it's hype, as far as (IMHO)... I would say the aggressiveness was around the same as SHR... (on the PC)...

For those that haven't done so, I would recommend moving to a Flex, for faster correction (and in some cases correcting what you can't with the PC -- when you feel ready).

Regards,

Mike

Mike, are you talking about the microfiber polishing system that Meguiar's has? If so, why are you discussing that here at Adam's forum? That's something you should be discussing over at MOL.

As for stepping up to the Flex, that is not something that I would remotely suggest a novice to machine polishing do. You take baby steps when learning to do this and not all folks have paint that is jacked up enough to warrant using the Flex. Each paint job should be evaluated on a case by case basis.

All noted guys...

as for the MF polishing system, I've played with both of the ones that are currently on the market. The megs one I used before it was even available to the public when we were next to them at a show. The megs guys are really cool about pulling back the curtain for us when we hang out.

I'm simply not impressed enough with the technology to jump in... its no more capable of polishing than the correct combination of foam pad and compound. Just a different way to skin the same cat. The marketing would have you believe that its some game changer - I disagree. Not saying its not good stuff, but its not reinventing the wheel by any stretch.

FWIW - the flex w/ green pad and SSR won't have any problems knocking out 2000 grit, we tested at that level during development of the green pad SSR 1500 was just out of reach, 2000 though was removed easily .

For anything more substantial we have the focus pads.

Mike, are you talking about the microfiber polishing system that Meguiar's has? If so, why are you discussing that here at Adam's forum? That's something you should be discussing over at MOL.

See above, I was actually doing a comparative analysis between the two systems on the same polisher (PC), and confirmed what Dylan posted. GO Adams!!! I think it is usual to dispell some of the marketing hype and have some real world comparisons. My Flex comment was also directed at my need to step up agressiveness for this given vehicle and paint condition.... my apologies for not being more clear... And if the Adam's community is not interested in this type of real world info, then I will simply stifle myself.... I'm just a paint correction junkie sharing info I thought might be useful...

As for stepping up to the Flex, that is not something that I would remotely suggest a novice to machine polishing do. You take baby steps when learning to do this and not all folks have paint that is jacked up enough to warrant using the Flex. Each paint job should be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I agree on a case by case analysis. And the PC is a great tool to keep corrected paint pristine... I guess the question would be, given the same correction needs (whatever defects present themselves), and given that both polishers could produce a appropriate correction, would you pick up the PC or the Flex (3401)?

Don't take this the wrong way but you can add me to the list of those not interested.

If or when I need information on another manufactures products I go to their site. Or if they don't have one I go to a general detailing site :thumbsup:

Archived