Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lug Nut Brushes on hold Temporarily

Update -

So word from the brush maker is they changed the epoxy mixture, but didn't bother to tell us. A fresh shipment of lug brushes is on its way using the original epoxy mixture.

For anyone who recently ordered a brush go ahead and use it and if any problems develop we will happily exchange it for you at that time. There is not a clear cut date when the new mixture started and the old ended so there has been a mixture of both for the last few weeks being shipped out. Mixed shipments were coming from them using existing inventory and new made pieces, plus we were pulling brushes from various shipments to pass on to you.

Either way you have a 110% lifetime warranty on it so if it starts go give you any problems help is just a phone call, email, or livechat away! :thumbsup:

:bravo:

I had a company do that to me!

We have water tight connections for the cable for our side scan sonar. I was beginning to think that a simple two wire connection was beyond me after four in a row failed after just a couple hours of operation.

Turns out they changed to an epoxy that does not react well to salt water.......So they sold them to the NAVY!!! They sent us four new kits with proper epoxy, but I was sorely tempted to send them a bill for the 16 hours I had spent rebuilding the terminations........

I was going to ask, uh, epoxy, getting soft in water? Uh, maybe not enough catalyst?

Some new brilliant cost saving measure that renders the product useless. Good catch guys! Mine is just about bullet proof, it is so over designed. Hey Dylan, how about slightly rolling over the top of the metal sleeve? Just turn it in a tiny bit?

It happens... at least they were willing to go back to the original type no questions asked.

Cool, thanks for the update Dylan.

Can't say I'm surprised, it had to be something with the mixture. This begs the question...Why would they change something that had absolutely zero issues and that everyone loved? $$$ I assume.

Curious here, Are they legally allowed to promise you one thing, and provide another? Seem's as though, if you guys weren't as upstanding and pro-active as you are, this could affect your rep to the everyday detailer who may not read the forums and understand the issue.

Why would they change something that had absolutely zero issues and that everyone loved? $$$ I assume.

BINGO! Cost cutting measure... oil prices effect everything. If its not direct impact (petroleum based products) then its a freight impact getting supplies in and out of a facility.

Either way I can understand WHY... I just don't get them not informing us first so we'd at least be on the lookout for it. It hasn't been the first time a supplier has changed something without telling us, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

We have standing PO's with many of these places so they just fill the orders without thinking.

I'm guessing the plant is not ISO.

They'd know exactly when the change was made. It'd be cool if they could burn the Adams logo on the handles like a Louisville Slugger.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

BINGO! Cost cutting measure... oil prices effect everything. If its not direct impact (petroleum based products) then its a freight impact getting supplies in and out of a facility.

Either way I can understand WHY... I just don't get them not informing us first so we'd at least be on the lookout for it. It hasn't been the first time a supplier has changed something without telling us, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

We have standing PO's with many of these places so they just fill the orders without thinking.

Thanks for the feedback sir!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived