Customer Service 866.965.0400

Unlimited Data GONE

MAYBEN

So its pretty much official. VZW is going to discontinue their Unlimited Data Plan and switch to a tiered plan similar to what AT&T is offering.

Supposedly current customers will be grandfathered in, until they renew/upgrade to a new phone. This sucks, as I have been waiting on the iPhone 5 with 4G.

Its supposed to start next month (July).

Unlimited everything plan on sprint (which is also a CDMA carrier like VZW) for me and my wife with literally UNLIMITED minutes including the wifi hotspot services on my Evo and full insurance on both lines is only running me $149 a month. Totally worth it when my monthly minutes are somewhere around 3,000+

The benefits of sticking to one carrier for something like 10 years is you get smokin' deals :D

I'm glad Sprint works great for you..

Unfortunately in my area, the people I know with Sprint have a lot more issues than I have with service and whatnot..

Maybe this will turn out to be just a rumor.. (highly unlikely) but it does seem like most/all carriers will start doing this..

2gb? THATS IT!? Well guess I will not be renewing my contract.. Ill just buy my unlocked phones and add them. No contract still unlimited!

you can get more for more $

it is possible you will have to upgrade the 'feature' when you activate a new ESN..

I'm glad Sprint works great for you..

Unfortunately in my area, the people I know with Sprint have a lot more issues than I have with service and whatnot..

Maybe this will turn out to be just a rumor.. (highly unlikely) but it does seem like most/all carriers will start doing this..

That was my experience with Sprint as well...

AT&T allows you to keep your unlimited data as long as you keep your account the same. I plan to get the iP5 this fall too... I'm unlimited. The way it changes is if you go to tethering. You can get up to 4gb which is a CARP TON!!! I plan to stay with unlimited.

I did a 3G speed test of mine against my buddies VZW Android phone. Mine was double. :banana:

4G will rock, but I live in IA, it'll be a while before we see it.

Chris

I'll not give them anymore money. May have to look into Sprint at that point, but I just reupped a few months ago so im good till Dec 2012.. Bout done paying this over bloated corporations more and more money for less service. This has become the American Way..

RANT OFF

No amount of "deal" makes it worthwhile staying/switching carriers.

We were with Sprint [8 different cellphone lines] for just shy of 5 years. The absolute worse customer service with mediocre [at best] phone service by a country mile! Never [ever] again!

Had a very brief stint with T-mobile. Have no customer service comment as we never really needed them, but the phone coverage was horrible!

Went with AT&T for almost two years after that with average customer service and above average phone coverage with the same number of lines [8].

We've had 11 seperate cellphone lines with Verizon Wireless since 2008. Customer service is considerably better than what AT&T was but the cell coverage quality is the duck's guts.... compared to the others. We regularly travel arount the country and almost never lose service.

Hand down no comparison with the others!

We'll [happily] continue to pay the extra $$$ as the service - in just about every area - is a standout compared to the competition.

AT&T has been much more willing to work with us than VZW. We have over 100 phones through US Cellular and they've been great too. I've used my AT&T phone outside the country too.

While surf and talk seems like a very little thing, I use it quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Well, as far as Im familiar with the new VZW data plan. For the every day Joe like you and me, you'll still never use the data that it changes to. VZW is looking to capitilize more on businesses that use their data plans because they use alot more than the typical customer. It really sounds worse than what it is. I, for instance, monitored my useage for last month and only used about half a gig and I was constantly using the internet. Even at 2GBs, you could download about 1000 songs.

I saw this coming, so we finally took the plunge and got 4G smart phones w/unlimited data just a couple of weeks ago. Last week 4G was turned on...10Mbps is not uncommon! My internet at home is only 1.3M

That was my experience with Sprint as well...

AT&T allows you to keep your unlimited data as long as you keep your account the same. I plan to get the iP5 this fall too... I'm unlimited. The way it changes is if you go to tethering. You can get up to 4gb which is a CARP TON!!! I plan to stay with unlimited.

I did a 3G speed test of mine against my buddies VZW Android phone. Mine was double. :banana:

4G will rock, but I live in IA, it'll be a while before we see it.

Chris

US cellular plands give 5GB of data and that is a ton! we are also starting to roll out 4g in Iowa! i know surprising lol

US cellular plands give 5GB of data and that is a ton! we are also starting to roll out 4g in Iowa! i know surprising lol

My issue with US Cell is the phone selections. They STINK!

I am considering dropping my texting plan because of an app that uses my data plan. It's called Whats App. Im glad I have unlimited now becuase dropping texts will save me 30 bucks a month. Thank god I have unlimited.

I just read an Engaget article on the VZW plan changes and it states that buying a new device will NOT void your plan. You're GF'd in. If you change your plan though, you will lose it.

I just read an Engaget article on the VZW plan changes and it states that buying a new device will NOT void your plan. You're GF'd in. If you change your plan though, you will lose it.

can you post the link? this is of course still speculation, M&P will be release next month..

from what I've read so far, if you upgrade to a new device versus paying full retail, you take the new data plan.. we shall see..

My issue with US Cell is the phone selections. They STINK!

what?! we have 8 android phones the new windows 7 phone and 3 blackberrys, what more could anyone want? seems like most people just want the galaxy S phones, which we have

Archived