Customer Service 866.965.0400

Unlimited Data GONE

MAYBEN

Guest Jay.B
seems like most people just want the galaxy S phones, which we have

I had the new Galaxy S from At&t - the Captivate- and though it was a nice phone, it's no where close to an iphone. I took a 3GS iphone from my brother's friend just until the new i5 comes out and started using it again(my old 3G got super slow with the new OS installed). There are a few features I liked on the Captivate though that I hope the iphone has this time around.

Hopefully for you Verizon guys it's like At&t. As Chewy said earlier, even with upgrading phones on At&t's new plan, you still get to keep your unlimited data if you were grandfathered into it in the beginning. The only way you lose that is to change the data plan. You can upgrade phones, add other features or change your voice plan all you want without affecting the unlimited data plan. I kept my data at unlimited on both phones because I didn't want to pay more later on down the road.

what?! we have 8 android phones the new windows 7 phone and 3 blackberrys, what more could anyone want? seems like most people just want the galaxy S phones, which we have

Yes you've gotten a more complete offering, but MAN it takes a year or more from when everyone else gets them. Plus you JUST came out with 2.2 for Androids and 2.3 is out now... I guess we get to wait what? Another year while everyone else uses it? :(

Where in IA are you?

Link to article: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/verizons-tiered-data-plans-wont-affect-grandfathered-customers/

Chris

so it appears existing users will be grandfathered in.. but, I'm still wondering about those who have the blackberry versus smartphone, as they are two different features, one is BBUNLIMITED the other is PDAUNLIMITED (not actual codes), so in all essence, if you switch from BB to Smartphone or vice versa, you may not carry it over as the feature is changing.. if you upgrade from a bb to a new bb, and vice versa, the code stays the same and that makes it stay on the account..

thats how the features worked when I worked there and it hasnt changed..

By the time Verizon's LTE/4G gets to this area, Apple will have long-since had a 4G capable phone. Unlikely that the iPhone 5 will be the one, however.

As to Verizon's data plan for 2 gig/month...I just checked my iPhone's usage. Since February, I've used a total of 750 megabytes of data. Now, I do have an iPad, which is a vastly superior internet device for me, but even there I pay $14.95 to AT&T for 250 megabytes/month and have never used more than about half that. Just too many wireless hotspots around where I am.

There are rumors that it'll NOT be the iP5 but the iP4S with the A5 chip like the iPad2 has.

Honestly that wouldn't bother me. I'd probably wait till the iP5 came out though.

I want iOS5... That's a big one for me!

There are rumors that it'll NOT be the iP5 but the iP4S with the A5 chip like the iPad2 has.

Honestly that wouldn't bother me. I'd probably wait till the iP5 came out though.

I want iOS5... That's a big one for me!

They seem to be backing off that rumor. Of more interest is whether or not this is an interim release and they'll resume their usual iPhone release schedule and bring out iPhone 6 in July 2012. That would seem to be a reasonable time frame relative to 4G/LTE incorporated into that iPhone

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/21/bloomberg-confirms-september-iphone-5-launch-hi-res-ipad-3/

Yes you've gotten a more complete offering, but MAN it takes a year or more from when everyone else gets them. Plus you JUST came out with 2.2 for Androids and 2.3 is out now... I guess we get to wait what? Another year while everyone else uses it? :(

Where in IA are you?

Link to article: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/verizons-tiered-data-plans-wont-affect-grandfathered-customers/

Chris

Yeah it is a bum deal we are just doing 2.2..but who says you cant root it to 2.3 LOL..I am in Delaware county about 45 minutes west of Dubuque

Archived