Customer Service 866.965.0400

Redemption & Corian

Kevin

My wife caught me watching the Junkman "Helicopter" video :lurk: - again. Therefore, I needed a good way to redeem myself.

I decided to try the Adams products on our Corian counter tops. I am new to the products and have only detailed 2 of my vehicles; but, the results were outstanding :drool: so I felt comfortable using them on the Corian.

We have tried the various Corian clean/polish/shine products with no luck. Using ScotchBrite made them look worse.

I used SSHR, SHR, FMP, MSW, and just recently, Americana on the worst part of Corian. I used my PC 7424 XP :pc:.

IMG_5124.jpg

Here is what they looked like before I used Adam's :patriot: products:

Wretched!:(

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5370.jpg

After - Using Adam's Products

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

Notes - I did not remove all the deep scratches. They are still there if you look for them. The dullness was completely removed however.

Bottom Line - They look awesome and my wife said I did a great job!

Another great use for Adam's products IMO!

Also - Junkman - Thanks for your killer videos!

Very shiney! :glasses:

When Dylan first opened the Detail Something Different contest, this was my first choice. My bathroom counters are really bad too. I found out, like you did, that you can get them glossy but the scratches just don't come out. Dylan told me they make special pads for polishing counter tops.

I've done the granite in our kitchen a few times and it comes out great... if you want to kick it up a notch lay down some MSW or a coating of Glass Sealant!!

I've done glass sealant on mine a few times now and it helps with cleanup for a few months so long as you don't use any heavy cleaners.

Nice job. The unfortunate thing is that now that's going to be on your "Honey do..." list for the rest of you life....

:iagree::iagree: You have to pretend like you don't know how to do anything, this way you never have a "to do list"

It did turn out very good :thumbsup:

Thanks for such great feedback everybody! :D

Is it OK to put Glass Sealant over Americana?

If I were to do the neighbors Corian from scratch, is this a good procedure to follow:

1) Clean with Dawn to remove all old wax, polish, etc.

2) Start with Adam's Green - SSHR

3) Follow with Orange - SHR

4) Leave residue from both SSHR & SHR

5) Polish with FMP - wipe with Adam's microfiber towel

6) Apply sealant - MSW - wipe with Adam's microfiber towel

7) Wait 12 hours or more and apply the Americana :drool:

Follow with glass sealant?

What other Adam's pads should I use for Corian?

Note - even though I did not remove all the scratches, the results were so impressive my wife and I decided not to replace the Corian with Granite.:banana::banana:

Outstanding job, Kevin!:thumbsup:

If you are really concerned about the deep scratches in Corian, you can sand them out with sandpaper. Start with the least aggressive stuff you can find (1500/2000 grit would be a good starting place) and only get more aggressive if you have to.

I do natural stone restoration for a living (marble, granite, travertine, etc) and I am dreading the day I finally step up to a PC. I just know I'm gonna want to take it to work and try the whole Adam's line on some unsuspecting customer's kitchen counters :D

Just a thought... but how about a light wet sand to get the scratches out and then follow with SHR, FMP ETC..

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

That sounds like a good plan. I have never wet sanded anything; however, I'm going to watch the junkman video on wet sanding to see what it's all about. I used to be afraid of putting a machine on my paint - well that's gone now!

The fact is, they turned out so much better than they were, we decided to just leave them "as is" for the time being. Perhaps next go around, after more abuse, I will try the Junkman wet sand method.

Anyone know what pads Adam's has for countertops? :help:

Again, thanks everyone for all the motivating comments! :grouphug:

That's one heck of a turn around Kevin! :thumbsup:

As for wet sanding, slow your roll. The way those counters look is better than most folks could dream of. Wet sanding paint is one thing, doing it on those counter tops may be a totally different animal and I definitely don't recommend it. Also, the only grits that you will be able to use are 2500 and finer, which probably won't do much. You need a much more powerful machine than the PC to remove any damage that may will result from sanding with and higher grits. The 2500 is going to be hard enough to remove with the PC.

Stick with that shine you created. You should be proud of it. :thumbsup:

Junkman,

You need a much more powerful machine than the PC to remove any damage that may will result from sanding with and higher grits. The 2500 is going to be hard enough to remove with the PC.

Stick with that shine you created. You should be proud of it. :thumbsup: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Thanks for the feedback!

I agree - I'm going to leave it as it is. My wife and I are so happy with the results from using the PC, I don't think I could improve it.

I will however, continue to wonder how much better they would look if Adam's did offer products specific for Corian - for the "Do It Your Selfer".

Oh, BTW, the "Helicopter" video is still fun to watch!! :lurk:

Mook, and everyone else as well - Thanks for your comments! :grouphug:

I wouldn't put Glass Sealant over Americana. One or the

other. Or just go with MSS and call it a day!

I agree!

Now that I've been looking at these counters for over 2 weeks now, I would conclude that using Americana over the MSW is not the key to getting the biggest bang for the effort.

Using FMP after SSHR & SHR, followed with MSW is most likely the best combination IMO.

Also, I'm absolutely going to take the Junkman's advice! :rockon:

• 1 month later...

Good luck with your Corian! Mine is not perfect by any means; however, we canceled going to granite after we saw the results. The scratches are not gone - but nicely mitigated with the incredible shine.

What's funny, is my parents had Corian years ago and we used to use scotch bright pads on them to cut the shine. The color is all the way through so you can pretty much grind on them and you're good to go.

Chris

Archived