Customer Service 866.965.0400

Emergency wash mitt

jcarr

Question

At my in-laws for the weekend........

I have packed everything possible for keeping my challenger spotless after driving 250 miles this evening to my in-laws. I have some bugs and brake dust to deal with in the morning but I just realized I forgot my Adams wash pads. I have literally everything else 2 buckets with grit guards, foam gun, boars hair brushes, etc.

Is there a wash mitt that anyone can reccomend from an autoparts store that will safely clean my paint? Ironically I just ordered a spare wash pad that is on it's way next week.

Thanks

Justin

13 answers to this question

I have packed everything possible for keeping my challenger spotless after driving 250 miles this evening to my in-laws. I have some bugs and brake dust to deal with in the morning but I just realized I forgot my Adams wash pads. I have literally everything else 2 buckets with grit guards, foam gun, boars hair brushes, etc.

Is there a wash mitt that anyone can reccomend from an autoparts store that will safely clean my paint? Ironically I just ordered a spare wash pad that is on it's way next week.

Thanks

Justin

I feel your pain bro. I do not know of any store purchased mitt that will work. A word of caution, I did what you are contemplating and bought a wash mitt from an auto store before I had Adams mitt. A few days after washing I saw scratches that were no doubt from poor quality wash pad. Be careful.

I also was on a road trip and ended up just going to a local car wash to keep it washed off. Just sprayed and jumped on the highway to give it a quick air dry. It wasn't close to a nice 2 bucket wash but it was better and I know in my paint did not get scratched.

Use caution, if you don't have all the right tools, you may be best served to wait until you do.

Let us know what you decide.

Thanks

Justin

Might just be me, but I would call you obsessed. Just use one of your soft towels as the mit.

I decided to let it ride and not wash it as it rained on and off all weekend. Like the soft towel as a wash mitt idea. My wife calls me obsessed all the time. Sometimes I need a little break from my mother in law too;)!

Problem with a towel as a wash pad is the fibers are very short which means the dirt sits close to the surface and has a higher potential of causing scratches.

I know the MF pads sold at AP stores blow chunks. Not worth a penny.

Chris

Problem with a towel as a wash pad is the fibers are very short which means the dirt sits close to the surface and has a higher potential of causing scratches.

I know the MF pads sold at AP stores blow chunks. Not worth a penny.

Chris

Totally agree, learned that lesson the hard way, then had to spend several hours of paint correction.

Archived