Customer Service 866.965.0400

Minot, ND Flood 2011 (Pics)

green6767

Hello fellow Adam's members. If you've flipped on any major news channel lately I'm sure you've heard of the Minot, ND Flood. We're breaking all time records for the amount of water here. 4 to 6 feet higher than the all time high back in 1881 and over double the water of a major flood back in 1969.

Its expected to finally crest over the weekend, but the damage has been done. Over 11,000 people forced from homes and over 5,000 homes have been damaged. Thats almost a quarter of the population of the city.

I've lived here my entire life, but I'm only 26. As much as our community fought their hearts out to win the battle, it was just too much.

I know a vast amount of people could use some heartfelt prayers in the months to come. This forum has been one of the most genuinely honest and kind I've come across and I thought I'd share. If anybody could send some much needed prayers for the citizens of Minot, ND it would be the members of this forum. We would all greatly appreciate it!

Here are some pics I was able to go out and snap today. It was heart breaking to see the extend of the flooding of the Mighty Mouse River.

Also a video of stills taken by a news crew in a Blackhawk provided by the National Guard. Very touching:

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

There used to be a bridge going over the river in this shot

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

This road would extend all the way back into those trees where a massive Greenhouse resides. All submerged now.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

I live in Johnstown Pa and we've had 3 major floods. I sympathize. It's a long way to come back from something like that. Hope you all manage to keep your faith and believe that your town will come back.

We'll keep the people in Minot and other towns that are flooding right now in our prayers.

Good luck to you and Minot. :grouphug:

I wish that we didn't know how horrible that feels. I'm sure that the heartbreak and frustration will give way to determination and cooperation.

All our thoughts and prayers from New Orleans.

wow bro .. that is rough very rough... Is that a known flood area ? or was this just a freak thing ?

Not known to flood no. We last had a flood over 40 years ago and it was half the amount of water we have now. We had record snow falls this last winter. Also Canada was having record rain falls and they were forced to release water from 3 major dams and it all came pummeling down. Nothing they could do though. When the dams are full.....they're full.

It's a paradox that confuses the mind. We need water to live - yet water is one of, if not the most destructive forces of nature. Go figure. And, as we saw in the pictures, it has no respect for "status" - It will flood the rich and the poor.

My heart hurts for what y'all are going through and what lies ahead. We will be praying with you and for you all.

I appreciate all the kind words and prayers everybody! Thank you very much!

On the positive side of things we've had no deaths and no injuries. There has been no looting or burglary of property either. That's one good thing about this happening to a close knit community, we've all banded together to help each other. We've got news anchors providing 24/7 coverage while their own houses were going under. Strangers opening their homes/yards/garages to the distressed. Very selfless acts widespread.

We're currently under a boil order due to contamination of our water system. No tap water to be used for any reason! We've got local businesses and major chains such as Walmart and Menards GIVING AWAY bottled water. Quite the blessing indeed!

I feel for ya man! I'm in Bismarck and my parents have been evacuated out of their home and are living with me. Who knows when they will be able to get back to their house. It's surely a sad story on how fast the water came through Minot and there was barely anytime (if none) to get personal belongings out of the homes. I am fortunate enough to be protected by the main dike, but as you know, it is no guarantee.

On a lighter note, its nice to see someone else in ND on the site. For awhile I thought I was the only one in ND that uses Adam's products. If you ever make it down to Bismarck shoot me a PM.

Take care bro!

I feel for ya man! I'm in Bismarck and my parents have been evacuated out of their home and are living with me. Who knows when they will be able to get back to their house. It's surely a sad story on how fast the water came through Minot and there was barely anytime (if none) to get personal belongings out of the homes. I am fortunate enough to be protected by the main dike, but as you know, it is no guarantee.

On a lighter note, its nice to see someone else in ND on the site. For awhile I thought I was the only one in ND that uses Adam's products. If you ever make it down to Bismarck shoot me a PM.

Take care bro!

Oh wow I didn't know anybody else from ND was on here! Thats great to hear/see!!! Looks as though you're a fellow Black Silverado owner also. We North Dakotans know how to roll. Haha. I'm actually planning on doing a complete detail over the next couple of days. My home is on high ground and I need to do something to put a smile back on my face! Adam's seems to bring that out. Maybe its the smells, but I have a feeling the results play a large part. :D

I live in Johnstown Pa and we've had 3 major floods. I sympathize. It's a long way to come back from something like that. Hope you all manage to keep your faith and believe that your town will come back.

We'll keep the people in Minot and other towns that are flooding right now in our prayers.

Good luck to you and Minot. :grouphug:

Been there to the museum multiple times my grandma lived in strongstown. BTW hope for the best for everyone there if you need i'll offer my waverunner for free trips

Archived