Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand Waxed the Family Truckster

07RS4

Question

Well I got my hand waxing kit in last week, so I thought my first vicitim would be my wife's van, which hasn't seen a full wax job since 2007. It was a hell of alot of work, but the van came out great. I must say, that taping this bad boy off SUCKED. The Adam's hand wax set-up is friggin awesome, and I enjoyed all 12 hours from start to finish...although I did realize when you get really tired....call it quit's! I was getting so tired near the end last night, my DS bottle fell off the van and broke. I even droped a Double Soft on the ground, snaped it, and kept going. Bwahaha. I finished it up today.

Thanks Dylan for coming to my house via IPad to ensure my techniques was correct, haha.

Sorry my camera blows, and I'm not a photographer, so I apologize for the weak pics.

Weapons

Weapons.jpg

Wife took pics of me claying upon request...

Claying1.jpg

Claying.jpg

After Pics

AfterHandPolishandWax4.jpg

AfterHandPolishandWax3.jpg

AfterHandPolishandWax2.jpg

AfterHandPolishandWax.jpg

MF's soaking after being worked...

SoakingMFs.jpg

Money Shot...Johnny Blaze Version, bwahahaha

MoneyShot.jpg

I do have one question for the experts. Both of my double soft MF's where slowily getting stained red throughout the process. Is this from the paint on the van, or the DS? Dumb questions I know, and I wasn't too worried about it, just wondering.

25 answers to this question

Looks really good for a hand job :lol::lol::lol:

I don't get it...can you please explain what you mean?:confused:

I bet your answer will looks something like this:

First, grab the ******, then a *****. Now place your **** on your **** and go to town. Bwahahaha.:lol::lol::lol:

You're a BEAST son!!! :) She turned out amazing!!!

And yes, I noticed, too. A debadged Mini-van did make me giggle a bit!! :)

Oh...don't you giggle to much when you see my wife at a stop light. It is quick as hell now..watch out SRT 8's:lol::lol::lol:

Very nice! Did you de-badge your minivan?

Haha, yeah, here's the story. The badges were starting to dis-color and the laminent was peeling off of the cheap *** badges Dodge uses. Bear in mind, it's been garage kept since '07. So instead of putting all that effort in to hand polishing, and having that bother me, on a whim I told my son to go grab the dental floss and 3M adehesiver remover and went to town. I also had 4 dents taken out by a guy who does paintless dent removal the week before. I will say, that is one awesome process and only cost me $200.

I could see why you would ask, de-badging a mini-van is actually kind of funny:lol:

Yeah, it was a workout. But once I got the hang of it, I was actually really enjoying myself. The part I hate more than anything is taking the time to tape everything off. I can't stand the prep work.:confused:

Agreed...sort of like doing the cut in work when painting the walls in the house.:willy:

Nice work! Big props for hand waxing a van....wow! Trucks and vans take long enough with a PC. I couldnt even fathom going at one by hand.

Yeah, it was a workout. But once I got the hang of it, I was actually really enjoying myself. The part I hate more than anything is taking the time to tape everything off. I can't stand the prep work.:confused:

Nicely done! That red really holds a shine! :thumbsup: How'd your wife like the results?

What was your process/products?

From your (weapons) hex pads do I correctly assume that you clayed, then

SHR and orange pad

Revive and blue pad

Buttery and Yellow Pad (love that buttery wax)

SVRT for all the exterior rubber

How'd I do?

Bingo :bow: and Undercarriage, Glass Cleaner and In & Out Spray.

Also, the SVRT works wonders on the painted metal roof rack!

Oh, the wife said, "wow, I'm afraid to drive it now". She loved it.:rockon:

Nicely done! That red really holds a shine! :thumbsup: How'd your wife like the results?

What was your process/products?

From your (weapons) hex pads do I correctly assume that you clayed, then

SHR and orange pad

Revive and blue pad

Buttery and Yellow Pad (love that buttery wax)

SVRT for all the exterior rubber

How'd I do?

Nice job!:thumbsup: Yep from DS!

Oh, OK. Thank you. I didn't think it could be from the paint, but you know how your mind races in the heat of battle :lolsmack:Haha. Thanks for the info.

Archived