Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can this scratch be saved

txredgt

Question

Take a look at the pictures fellas and let me know if the PC can get it. I do not have the focus pads, yet, but those will be a part of my next purchase. For now I have the regular pc pads. Should I wait for the focus pads or is this one too bad to try to even save?

Wesscratch1.jpg

Wesscratch2.jpg

Wesscratch3.jpg

8 answers to this question

Would the focus pads be much better or will the larger pads work ok? And is there any harm to taking a pc to an area that has chipped/scratched paint past clear coat? (This question is for my personal car as well as the friends ride above)

I am not an Adam's spokesman or "expert" but I have been around the block a time or two. This might be a tad "oversimplifying it" removing the "rocket science" from the process but here goes:

1. Try the finger nail test - if you can detect the scratch, it is through the color coat. If not, it WILL come out with the smaller focus pads, SHR and FMP.

2. You may have some good results with a wet sand if the scratch is deeper, but not through the color coat and not removed successfully with above process. You must be ultra careful, however, but you have nothing to lose. After the wet sand you must polish the area with SSHR, SHR and FMP in that order.

3. If it is through the color coat and down to primer, and will not come out with a wet sand, you may have some luck "filling it" with Langka or Dr. Color if you follow the process to a "T".

Good luck and report back! WITH PICS of course. It's all good and fun to boot! We gotcha covered.;)

I am not an Adam's spokesman or "expert" but I have been around the block a time or two. This might be a tad "oversimplifying it" removing the "rocket science" from the process but here goes:

1. Try the finger nail test - if you can detect the scratch, it is through the color coat. If not, it WILL come out with the smaller focus pads, SHR and FMP.

2. You may have some good results with a wet sand if the scratch is deeper, but not through the color coat and not removed successfully with above process. You must be ultra careful, however, but you have nothing to lose. After the wet sand you must polish the area with SSHR, SHR and FMP in that order.

3. If it is through the color coat and down to primer, and will not come out with a wet sand, you may have some luck "filling it" with Langka or Dr. Color if you follow the process to a "T".

Good luck and report back! WITH PICS of course. It's all good and fun to boot! We gotcha covered.;)

Being that it is my buddies car he has the call on how far we take it to repair, I think the fingernail test will reveal its deeper than just the clearcoat however.

I have always wondered about wetsanding but I haven't had the male fortitude to do it to my own paint. I think the Lnagka might be the best route besides repainting it alltogether. BUT I will keep us posted on the situation :2thumbs:

Archived