Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR and Green pad

Stryker

Question

I have a few questions. I assume that the green pad is the same as the yellow pad was and the color is different to match the polish. Before SSR you just used SHR on the Yellow (most aggressive) pad.

So can SHR be used on the green pad?

and/or

Will SHR and the orange pad get the same results as SSR with more passes?

I am still unsure when to use SSR. I know it's least aggressive style fist. But doesn't SSR just do what SHR does in fewer passes or am I missing the point?

I hope this all makes sense I'm trying to type and think at the same which is never a good thing.

Thank you in advance for the help. :hi:

If my questions are confusing I'll try and word them better

7 answers to this question

The green and yellow pads are actually different. The yellow is actually more aggressive than the green pad, which was needed to get more "cut" with the Swirl & Haze Remover, which would normally use the orange pad. The Severe Swirl Remover is a more aggressive polish, so it didn't need a pad as aggressive as the yellow. The SHR/orange should accomplish the same as SSR/green, it will just take a lot more passes, and a lot more time. The hard part is deciding when you just keep making passes with the orange and when to step up to the green. Personally, I'd rather use the green and get it done faster. As long as you aren't using the SSR every time (which you shouldn't have to once the paint is properly corrected,) it's not going to hurt anything, especially with a PC. I wouldn't use the SHR on the green. Adam's made it simple with the color coding, and they've done a lot more testing than I'll ever polish, so I'd just stick with what's proven to work. I think you're over thinking some of this. Hopefully this answers your questions, and someone like Dylan can correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

If your paint is bad enough just use the green pad and ssr. I would say you can use shr with the green pad for an in between purpose but again less passes equal more time for other detailing processes:thumbsup:

The green and yellow pads are actually different. The yellow is actually more aggressive than the green pad, which was needed to get more "cut" with the Swirl & Haze Remover, which would normally use the orange pad. The Severe Swirl Remover is a more aggressive polish, so it didn't need a pad as aggressive as the yellow. The SHR/orange should accomplish the same as SSR/green, it will just take a lot more passes, and a lot more time. The hard part is deciding when you just keep making passes with the orange and when to step up to the green. Personally, I'd rather use the green and get it done faster. As long as you aren't using the SSR every time (which you shouldn't have to once the paint is properly corrected,) it's not going to hurt anything, especially with a PC. I wouldn't use the SHR on the green. Adam's made it simple with the color coding, and they've done a lot more testing than I'll ever polish, so I'd just stick with what's proven to work. I think you're over thinking some of this. Hopefully this answers your questions, and someone like Dylan can correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

That is my theory. Once you get the paint swirl free you'll only hit with FMP for upkeep. That is were I get :confused: about the SSR, you don't know if you'll need it until you do a few passes with SHR.

Well I have the green pad (bought the set) Problem is, I don't have the SSR. I didn't buy it with my last order thinking I would only be working on my cars and wouldn't need it and, as usual, I was wrong.

A car has come up in which I think that the SSR would be a tremendous help.

I'm just wondering if I should put off doing the car for another week and wait for the SSR or just use SHR and make a few extra passes.

I'll probably be getting the SSR in my next order regardless just in case

If the car is borderline SSR - you could either do a pass of SSR then a pass of SHR, or 2 passes of SHR. Either way you're going to do two passes. Personally I would do the SSR. The reason I would do the SSR is because of time. Any of us with small kids know that we can't spend endless hours working on our cars.

That is my theory. Once you get the paint swirl free you'll only hit with FMP for upkeep. That is were I get :confused: about the SSR, you don't know if you'll need it until you do a few passes with SHR.

Well I have the green pad (bought the set) Problem is, I don't have the SSR. I didn't buy it with my last order thinking I would only be working on my cars and wouldn't need it and, as usual, I was wrong.

A car has come up in which I think that the SSR would be a tremendous help.

I'm just wondering if I should put off doing the car for another week and wait for the SSR or just use SHR and make a few extra passes.

I'll probably be getting the SSR in my next order regardless just in case

This is a decision you'll have to make. I don't know how many extra passes of SHR you'd have to make, but if the paint's bad enough and waiting is an option, you may just want to wait until you have the SSR. If the car has to get done now, it should be doable with just SHR, like said though, it will just take more passes.

Archived