Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oakleys!!!!

shad2009

I'm debating between the M Frames from Oakley USSI and the ESS Crossbow (division of Oakley)

I know the ESS are made here too! the M Frames I think are as well, but haven't confirmed..

CCED854B-3048-812A-2E499587344A7C81.jpg

and

fpo_productLarge_crossbow_5.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakley got bough, IIRC by the people that own RayBan and Bolle...so I am guessing eventually they will turn to the dark side. For now, I will love everything I have from them.

Whether that's 9 pair of sunglasses, jeans, golf shorts, polos, etc. I really like them!

I still didn't get the Autism Speaks Fuel Cells like I wanted to last year...maybe I can this year sometime.

Right now I am super sour on Oakleys. My Rx glasses broke day before yesterday. The piece between the nose and upper frame just snapped right in two when I took my glasses off for the night. $350 pair of glasses and they did not even last a year. The place I bought them from just said call Oakley, but I am not convinced it will be worth it. Part of me was actually releived when they broke because I did not like them from day 1. The bend of the lenses gave objects in my periferals weird shapes and they reflected light from behind like mad (my fault for not getting the coasting put on). So let's see if the RayBans I bought last longer. I gotsta see. (Oh and I got contacts now too. Kinda excited. Think I might wear them today.)

Oakley got bough, IIRC by the people that own RayBan and Bolle...so I am guessing eventually they will turn to the dark side. For now, I will love everything I have from them.

Whether that's 9 pair of sunglasses, jeans, golf shorts, polos, etc. I really like them!

I still didn't get the Autism Speaks Fuel Cells like I wanted to last year...maybe I can this year sometime.

just looked those Fuel Cells, those are nice. would like to get those also.

Right now I am super sour on Oakleys. My Rx glasses broke day before yesterday. The piece between the nose and upper frame just snapped right in two when I took my glasses off for the night. $350 pair of glasses and they did not even last a year. The place I bought them from just said call Oakley, but I am not convinced it will be worth it. Part of me was actually releived when they broke because I did not like them from day 1. The bend of the lenses gave objects in my periferals weird shapes and they reflected light from behind like mad (my fault for not getting the coasting put on). So let's see if the RayBans I bought last longer. I gotsta see. (Oh and I got contacts now too. Kinda excited. Think I might wear them today.)

I was told the same thing when a pair of Oakley prescription broke. However I then told them Oakley says to see your authorized Oakley prescription dealer and they will help you. After that she reluctantly said ok and I was out the door with new frames in ten minutes. I would push a little harder.

From their website

Prescription Eyewear Warranty Policy All Oakley eyewear is warranted against breakage due to material or workmanship defect for one year from the date of purchase with a valid receipt. Oakley’s warranty program does not cover scratched lenses. Additionally, any alterations of Oakley products (i.e. sunglasses fit with non-Oakley prescription lenses) will void warranty coverage. For all prescription warranty claims, please contact the Authorized Oakley Dealer from which your purchase was made.

Oakley has changed a lot over the years. I still have my original Frogskins! I used to mountain bike a lot and got free glasses all the time. I've had prob. 100 pair. I still have a set of prescriptions I wear on a regular basis. Their warranty has changed. Used to be no questions asked.

A buddy used to race for Oakley and the the original Oakley Funny Car is sitting in his back yard, rotting.

I've worn Maui Jim's for years and love them, but their warranty recently changed as well.

I have 1 set of Costas and they are nice, but not as nice as my Maui's.

• 4 weeks later...