Customer Service 866.965.0400

1'st Time Engine Clean Procedure

musclejunkie

Question

I am going to attempt my first engine compartment detailing on the '11 Mustang. What are the do's and don'ts as far as what areas to protect with a baggie and not get wet? I'm going to use 50/50 APC and Boars Hair brush. Thanks amigos. :D

Do NOT use the aluminum foil on a battery. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to say, but there are people out there that would do it!!!!

I don't blow dry my engines for fear of driving water somewhere, but if you're careful around the engine area, it'd work great.

LOL... yea, sorry... should have worded that better.

Do NOT use the aluminum foil on a battery. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to say, but there are people out there that would do it!!!!

I don't blow dry my engines for fear of driving water somewhere, but if you're careful around the engine area, it'd work great.

I always dry with the Master Blaster, so far never a problem!:xfingers:

Just don't use high pressure and your fine. A little aluminum foil or plastic bags to cover open element filters, battery terminals, or other things that might be sensitive to water and you're good to go.

Modern engine bays really aren't all that susceptible to water related issues.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JdHX_wPUKZI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If its just dusty cover up areas like Christopher said, hose off & blow dry with air (I use my Master Blaster) then all you may need is DS.I f the DS don't get it then I would use APC. After wiping down with DS go over with SVRT and In & Out Spray! :thumbsup:

It isn't too bad - just mostly road dust. Maybe the blaster would be a better alternative? In Adam's video #6 he says the new cars aren't as bad as the older cars. I'm just a little paranoid about spraying water around in the engine compartment. I also know enough not to spray a hot engine.

Don't spray water directly at and under pressure at electronic components. If you have an open element air filter then cover it.

How dirty is it? I use a spray bottle of car shampoo and water to clean mine. If they're greasy, then APC is great!

I did my P/U truck and covered nothing.

Archived