Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is polishing outside ok?

Charger06

Question

Hey everyone I live in an apartment but have a garage here that I keep my car in. The only problem is that I have no power in the garage nor do I have the room to really try to detail it in there being that my Charger is to wide. So wide that I have to park a little close on the passenger side so I can get out. So my question is is it ok for me to do a paint correction outside? At my work there are plenty of power outlets on the side of the building so I was going to do it there.. Thanks in advance for your responses..

6 answers to this question

Absolutely fine! We do demos outdoors at almost every single clinic... its rare we get the luxury of working indoors.

Now thats not to say it won't be without its challenges... heat and sunlight make polishing sometimes more difficult, but if you adjust your technique more often.

Detailing indoors is always ideal, but that doesn't mean you can't make it work outside.

Thanks Dylan for the quick response!! I knew joining this forum and using Adams products would be good for my car..Since finances are a little tight I'll have to order a few things at a time before I tackle the major stuff and I'll post when I do..Thanks again!! That's pretty funny Curt!!

One thing I will add to Dylan's post...

Make sure you do a wipedown of each panel as you get to it because the wind/air will deposit dust, etc on your paint as soon as you park it outside. You definitely dont want to go over those particles with your polishing pads. Bare and clean paint is key to success...

Absolutely fine! We do demos outdoors at almost every single clinic... its rare we get the luxury of working indoors.

Now thats not to say it won't be without its challenges... heat and sunlight make polishing sometimes more difficult, but if you adjust your technique more often.

Detailing indoors is always ideal, but that doesn't mean you can't make it work outside.

:iagree: I buffed a black 66 Caddy last year at Corvette Carlisle, in the hot sun and it had a hood as big as Texas!:help:

One thing I will add to Dylan's post...

Make sure you do a wipedown of each panel as you get to it because the wind/air will deposit dust, etc on your paint as soon as you park it outside. You definitely dont want to go over those particles with your polishing pads. Bare and clean paint is key to success...

Very Good Advice!!!

I washed my truck the other day and it was covered in pollen before i even got the car dried

Archived