Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wiper question

LDTcapitan

Question

Guys,

I need new wipers and usually the dealer would replace them for me, but as I am now at 60k miles (the warranty expired at 50k) I will have to go out and buy them. This is the first time I have done this and I'm curious to get everyone's opinion. Which are best?

Price isn't a huge concern as the ones from the dealer are about 100$ for both :confused:

15 answers to this question

I usually trade my cars or trucks in before the wiper blades get worn BUT on my last truck someone was kind enough to jam a business card under a blade while It was parked at a train station on a hot day so it deformed the rubber, I replaced them with Michelin wiper blades and they worked well :thumbsup:

I usually trade my cars or trucks in before the wiper blades get worn BUT on my last truck someone was kind enough to jam a business card under a blade while It was parked at a train station on a hot day so it deformed the rubber, I replaced them with Michelin wiper blades and they worked well :thumbsup:

:iagree: My 05 & 08 still have the original blades! There are a lot of high end blades at your local parts store, and most will even put them on for you!

Price isn't a huge concern as the ones from the dealer are about 100$ for both :thumbsup:

$100 bones for wiper blades...good god. I think my replacements for my car are about the same, and for my RS I would go with OEM. But on the other hand, for my wife's van and the Accord I've gotten the cheapest one's that Walmart sells (about $8) and they work just fine. Especially with properly cleaned and sealed windshields. I just replace them every spring at that price point. I guess it depends how much it rains where you live, and what you want to put on your car. I can't comment on specific brands.

the very last thing to finish the detail.... cotton puff ball , wet down with rubbing alchol and wipe the windshield blade. this cleans the blade - reduces streaking and extends the life of the blade. after wiping the blade notice how dirty it is.

http://www.wipers123.com and buy the Trico... They are OEM on 22 vehicle makes and they invented the wiper industry... They're the best I've found to date.

Chris

They don't make them for the 2008 C Class :(

I put Bosch Icons on my mom's HHR a couple months ago and she seems to like them.

Thanks for all the suggestions

-Tony

I have had Rain X Latitude on my Explorer for two years now. They're probably the best wipers that I've had on a vehicle. I also have my windows sealed with glass sealant so I don't use my wipers much.

I have not yet purchased wiper blades for my 06 mustang but it really needs them. The old OE blades streak like crazy and are so dirty, last time I washed my car, I spent 10 minutes cleaning the blades, and if I wipe my finger along them they leave a black streak. I plan on getting Rain X blades when I do replace them though, because I have heard almost nothing but good things about them.

if you properly clay and seal your windshield even the cheaper wiper blades perfom quite well. They might spudder a bit at the high speed setting but you should be fine with anything you buy if you seal up the windows. if not, i also like the rain x blades.

Archived