Customer Service 866.965.0400

The procedure with the PC.....

TK427

Question

I do have some Q's

After testing 1/3 of my 93 Honda prelude hood with the PC and products I was pleased with the results! Dumb Question maybe, do I use the PC on the whole car or only the larger parts of the car when machine waxing???

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana> And when following the steps, do I use them all one panel at a time or do I use each step on the entire car before moving on to the next one??...Thanks guys<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:bow:

<!-- / message -->

20 answers to this question

Hey, Frank.

If you are really interested in learning about taping/masking off, let me know and I can PM you some links. No videos, but a lot of pictures and text with a few "D'oh, I wish I'd thought of that" tips.

I would post them here, but they are from the "in-house expert" at another manufacturers website and I don't want to violate any forum rules.

Thanks!

Hey, Frank.

If you are really interested in learning about taping/masking off, let me know and I can PM you some links. No videos, but a lot of pictures and text with a few "D'oh, I wish I'd thought of that" tips.

I would post them here, but they are from the "in-house expert" at another manufacturers website and I don't want to violate any forum rules.

The WHOLE car... Smaller parts, like A and B pillars and around door handles or mirrors where it's too tight for the pad to fit can be done by hand. I use the Adams MF applicators.

my last car was a 93 Prelude! Awesome car! It was a blast to drive :burnout:

BTW

:worth:

If theres demand I'll do it, I just figured it was one of those things that was pretty self explanatory.

it's just one of those things i've never done and i like seeing all things done (even simple things) before doing it haha...i'm kinda slow at times

Sounds good to me, what about the steps, do I use all the paint correction steps one panel at a time or each step on the entire car before moving on to the next step???

i'd say (as i've seen Adam & Junkman do) fully correct (minus the wax stage) one spot on the vehicle to see the steps that you need to do, and then do the first step on the entire car, then second, then do the wax

if i misread the question and just blabbed, i'm sorry :willy: lol

Sounds good to me, what about the steps, do I use all the paint correction steps one panel at a time or each step on the entire car before moving on to the next step???

There's a thread on that subject. I think the consensus is to do the whole vehicle or large parts of the vehicle with one polish and then move on to the other one.

I do not wax until completely done with the vehicle.

Chris

Tape them off or just avoid them. The wax will come off but its more hassle than its worth when you can just avoid it in the first place.

have you or anybody else planned on making a video on taping off places of the car?:help:

The WHOLE car... Smaller parts, like A and B pillars and around door handles or mirrors where it's too tight for the pad to fit can be done by hand. I use the Adams MF applicators.

Archived