Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time PC user with results

txredgt

Question

With my day off and a buddy who has a storage unit to work on my car with the PC I finally got to use it for the 1st time. Due to time constraints (He had to go apt/house hunting with the fiance and she doesn't get the all day car concept so we had to cut it short.. But in that time we both got our cars washed (went to a quarter machine since water is scarce right now in Central TX and also because well it takes alot out of ya and we didn't have much time as stated). Anyways I had intentions to PC the hood and roof but only got to my hood. I did open his eyes to clay barring as he has never done that so that was pretty sweet, we took our time on that and just shot the usual bull about cars and how amazing Adam's and claying a car in general is.

After using the PC I did do my test area on the hood and it did make it look great but I think my technique still needs refinement as I didn't make a huge difference in the scratches. Here is the process I did and feel free to nit pick at it.

Car Wash

Clay with plenty of detail spray

Wipeoff the residue with clean singlesoft

Went with the SHR and orange pad 1st with both motions. I felt that I was using different pressures and even that with the contours of the bodylines it was always changing (maybe why I didn't get the full results)

I went over the area with only 1 pass of each product but multiples passes of each product (if that makes sense :lolsmack:)

I did hit the scratched area I found with SSH and it seemed to make it better but not perfect, my guess is multiple passes multiple times will make perfect but I couldn't today. Cleaned the hood after this with a spritz of detail spray and a clean double soft. Next up was BG with a yellow hex app to haze then remove and put on Americana and a final wipe down with another microfiber. Pictures will be posted when I get them from my friend but idk how much will be able to be seen. Either way the car looks GREAT for a DD but if it was a show car I would want the scratches gone. Pics will be up before the end of the night hopefully :xfingers:

9 answers to this question

Austin, its just like anything practice makes perfect!:2thumbs:

That's what I figured Chris. I had decent results in the shine dept but a little less in the scratch removal process. Next order will definately include focus pads. When using the PC it's basically a plug and play if I'm not mistaken. It did seem to get a little warm, however I was using it and it was excessivly hot, just like any other equipment when using it. When using the focus pads will I need to change the counterweight?

Also I had a little problem or so it seemed with getting Americana on the pad, it seemed like the wax was kind of spinning in the container with me and not enough of the wax was getting on the pad, is this common? Suggestions? It seemed to work enough for this job but it might get old everytime I want to put some wax on.

That's what I figured Chris. I had decent results in the shine dept but a little less in the scratch removal process. Next order will definately include focus pads. When using the PC it's basically a plug and play if I'm not mistaken. It did seem to get a little warm, however I was using it and it was excessivly hot, just like any other equipment when using it. When using the focus pads will I need to change the counterweight?

Make sure you use a good extension cord, I would 14 ga. or 16 ga. that will keep your PC from getting hot. And you are fine with the counter weight on both size pads!

Also I had a little problem or so it seemed with getting Americana on the pad, it seemed like the wax was kind of spinning in the container with me and not enough of the wax was getting on the pad, is this common? Suggestions? It seemed to work enough for this job but it might get old everytime I want to put some wax on.

The Americana will spin sometimes, it won't hurt a thing! Try a little side to side half turns. If that makes sense?:lolsmack:

Car Wash

Went with the SHR and orange pad 1st with both motions. I felt that I was using different pressures and even that with the contours of the bodylines it was always changing (maybe why I didn't get the full results)

I went over the area with only 1 pass of each product but multiples passes of each product (if that makes sense :lolsmack:)

I did hit the scratched area I found with SSH and it seemed to make it better but not perfect, my guess is multiple passes multiple times will make perfect but I couldn't today. Cleaned the hood after this with a spritz of detail spray and a clean double soft. Next up was BG with a yellow hex app to haze then remove and put on Americana and a final wipe down with another microfiber. Pictures will be posted when I get them from my friend but idk how much will be able to be seen. Either way the car looks GREAT for a DD but if it was a show car I would want the scratches gone. Pics will be up before the end of the night hopefully :xfingers:

SSH alone will actually leave scratches, you need to follow SSH with FMP THEN BG.

Car Wash

SSH alone will actually leave scratches, you need to follow SSH with FMP then BG.

Archived