Customer Service 866.965.0400

NHL 2011-2012 season

BillB

Free agent day guys. What moves do you like and dislike?

I for one could care less that Jagr went to the Flyers but man its going to be tough watching Max Talbot play for another team... he was a HUGE fan favorite and contributed so much to the community of Pittsburgh. Treat him well Flyer fans

I'm a HUGE flyers fan. With that being said I don't know if we can even converse with each other. I'm kidding. I am very interested to see how all the trades work out considering we traded out some good players but in return got some good players. Really we will only be able to tell during the season to see how the players work as a team.

I think the Avs paid too much to get Barlamov from Washington. Next year's first in potentially a strong first round and another 2nd round pick is a lot to ask for a goalie who has injury history. However, he was a first round pick too, so let's see what happens. Can't be any worse than anything we have seen since Patrick Roy retired. I like the signing of J.S. Giguere. I think that could really prove to be a good thing.

We signed Jan Hedja and another name on the blueline that has size. Hopefully, the days of scooter blueliners are over here in Denver. They took a flyer on Chuck Kobasew, so anything from him is a bonus.

From the draft, Gabriel Landeskog (sp?), the Swede who played in Kitchener, and Duncan Siemens from Saskatoon, I have a feeling will both be playing in the show sooner than later. Siemens is a 17 yr old, large, and still growing defenseman who I project will be with us next season. Landeskog has 10 games plus camp to prove his is worth the #2 overall pick. I think he will wing a line with Duchene and Hejduk when it's said and done.

Oh, the Avs still have some money to spend, as they needed to drop about $18 million, JUST to reach the cap floor. Here's to Joe Sakic infusing some winning into the organization again!

Mook

I'll have to agree that AVS overpaid for Varlamov. Being a Caps fan as well Varlamov is a great young goalie but injury prone.

Now Washington signed Vokoun for a 1 year 1.5mil is just a steal, and with veteran goaltender I think they are a favorite for the Cup out of the east.

My Sharks have been extremely busy this off season. Doug Wilson shipping off a sometimes brilliant but streaky Devon Setoguchi for blue liner Brent Burns from the Wild. We also acquired Jim Vandermeer, further addressing our defensive needs. We also just signed Michal Handzus, a defensive minded center that is quite durable as well. Then, in a bit of a shocker, we traded Dany Heatley to the Wild (again) for Martin Havlet. I am a little conflicted on this one. Havlet is very fast and a decent scorer, but has some injury history. Heatley is a good player, but hasn't quite performed up to his potential in San Jose, especially in the play offs. I certainly hope all of this wheeling and dealing pays off next year.

I'm a HUGE flyers fan. With that being said I don't know if we can even converse with each other. I'm kidding. I am very interested to see how all the trades work out considering we traded out some good players but in return got some good players. Really we will only be able to tell during the season to see how the players work as a team.

Id imagine you have pretty mixed emotions about their off season deals thus far... while the Flyers got a lot of new faces coming in... RICHARDS... REALLY!!!?? CARTER!!???? I know they have a lot of depth and got a lot in return for them but I just feel like they traded away their best shot at winning the cup this year, Jagr is a joke compared to these guys... Mike Richards is arguably one of the greatest 2 way players in the game right now.

Oh well, glad I only have to see them once a year now :banana:

I feel as though they got rid of them because of the off ice B.S. I understand people party and that's fine but Carter and Richards were friends off the ice and liked to party it up a lot. I think on the ice Richards was a good captain and has great patience and skill. But he wasn't setting a good example to younger players. Also a sports radio had a good point saying they were pretty much set on cruise control and no really taking it up a notch when it was important. At first I was mad they got traded but I think Carter peaked a couple years ago and he really wasn't phenomenal in this years playoffs. We also needed a goalie badly so that was the most important thing. We fell apart in the playoff our defense was a joke when pronged wasn't there. So I think we will be better off in the long run, but we will see how they all work together.

A few of my friends have seen them out at bars and also in Atlantic city. Gotta couple stories about them. Haha. Also about emery at a college party my brother was at when emery was still on the flyers supposedly hurt with hip problems.

Archived